{21}-The one where Amelie asks a lot of questions

^Legal drinking age
~~~~~

"What do you think will happen once I go?" I ask.

"Well, Breezy will give birth to a boy, Amelie will grow up and Dallon will still be in the band." Kate answers. "Maybe."

"True." I say, "But--"

"They will miss you." Kate rubs my shoulder.

"The baby boy will never know about me." I sigh, "And you two are going to college."

"Yeah." Levi gives out a disappointing sigh, "But you will come and visit us, right?"

"Maybe."

"Why, why did we take journalism?" Kate whines and lies down on the grass.

"Levi." I say and he looks up, "Will you forget me?"

"Why, will I forget you? We are not breaking up, are we?"

"No, I thought--"

"Phoenix, you think a lot." Levi laugh and kisses me, "I am not leaving you. I am not going to let you leave me."

"I am going to be alone forever." Kate whines.

-----

"Phoenix, don't put that in my hair." Amelie says, defending herself from my upcoming attack of whipped cream.

"You could have thought that before putting the mayoniesse on my head." I say, using the can as a gun.

"Phoenix, no. Sorry." She defends herself, by picking up a pillow infront of her.

"Nuuh." I smirk and spray it all over her head. "You look pretty."

"Ha-ha." She rolls her eyes. Even for a 4-year old, she was pretty clever, yet stupid. "Mommy will scold both of us."

"That's true." I laugh, "Do you want to take a bath?"

Yeah, she's three and sometimes I have to make her take a bath. Don't make that face.

Amelie sits down with her toys while I have to shampoo her hair. Very good idea Phoenix, of putting whipped cream in her hair.

"Phoenix?"

"Yeah."

"Are you leaving?"

"Who told you?"

"Mom and Dad were talking about you leaving for some camera thing that you do." She says, she could not say 'photography'.

"Yeah."

"Why are you leaving?" She looks at me.

I push her back to the normal position, "Because I am growing up and cannot live on Dallon's money. I like clicking pictures, that is why I am going to do it."

"Why do you call Daddy by his name?" She asks.

"You ask a lot of questions." I roll my eyes.

"Tell me." She whines, as I wipe her.

"I call your dad by his name. Because I want to." I stick my tongue out.

"I don't like you." She fake-pouts as she wears her clothes.

"I love you too, Ame." I kiss her nose, "Now stay here and don't play with food. And don't put food on Zero, I am going to take a bath."

Amelie sticks out her little thumb and goes to play with her toys.

I put a lot of shampoo in my hair to get the wretched mayoniesse out from my hair. This reminded me when I had my first food fight with Brendon. Good old days.

Adapted// d.w (BOOK TWO)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara