{14}-The one with the baby

"I will be alone forever." Kate whines.

"No, you won't be. If I were straight, I would totally make out with you." Max says.

"Thanks, Ryder." Kate replies, and all of us look at her in shock. "I-I mean Max. Max, thank you."

"It's okay, if you wanna call me Ryder." Max shrugs, "I am okay with it."

"No, no. I am sorry. Max, I wish that you were straight." Kate smiles, awkwardly.

Eight and a half months to Ryder's death and Kate is still not over it.

Soon, the bell rings. And the first thing I do is groan, "I don't wanna go to the chemistry class."

"Yes, we are going." Levi drags me by my arm.

Boyfriend goals.

-------

Kate kept poking me with her pen, so that I don't sleep. Am I the only one who thinks that chemistry is boring?

"Miss Weekes?" Mrs. Williams calls out my name. "If you are really asleep then why don't you put your head down."

REALLY.

"No, Ma'am. I am not sleepy. Sorry." I lie.

"Then please concentrate." She glares at me. I look at Kate, Levi and Max, they were holding their mouths so that they don't burst out laughing.

Best friend goals.

Suddenly the speaker in our class goes off, "Phoenix Weekes, Levi Harris and Kate Madison, please come down to the reception with your bags."

I swear I could have danced in the class, only if we get to stay out of there.

Levi, Kate and I get up and move out, "Thank you, Mrs. Williams." I plaster my fake-smile, and close the door. "Bitch."

"Seriously?"

"Dude, I hate her so much." I say.

"True."

We walk down to the reception and see Brendon standing there, with the receptionist drooling over him. "Hey, Uncle Forehead."

"Real cool, fangirl." He rolls his eyes. "Come on, we are going to the hospital."

"Why?"

"Breezy is in labor." Brendon answers as we sit in the car. "By the way, that receptionist of yours, is hella creepy."

"I told you she's creepy. But you won't listen to me." Levi says.

------

We all rush to the room where Breezy was kept. The three of us literally, just pop our heads in, I see Dallon standing clutching Breezy's hand. "Hey, guys."

"Breezy, are you okay?" I ask.

"DOES IT LOOK LIKE I AM OKAY." She shouts, making all of us jump, "Sorry, hormones."

"I get it." I chuckle.

"How did you get----OUCH!" Dallon says, and then whispers, "I think I broke my hand."

"DALLON! IT'S NOT FUNNY ANYMORE!" Breezy glares.

"I love you too." Dallon kisses her forehead.

Goals.

The three of us were still standing, with only our heads visible to the people inside. Suddenly a nurse comes in front of us, "Anyone who is not the father, out of the room."

"Okay." I raise my hands and walk out.

"But only our heads were in." Kate says, "I don't think that they allow that."

"Guys, the baby is going to come." Levi says, as we sit.

"Yeah." Kate says, in her 'as a matter of fact' voice.

"I am going to be a sister." I say, "I am not ready for this.

Brendon comes near us, "Coffee?"

"Thanks." We all say in unison, and take one cup each.

"How are you feeling, Phoenix?" Brendon asks.

"Terrified." I answer, flatly.

"What?"

"Yeah, what if I don't turn out to be a good sister?" I say.

"That is absurd." Brendon says, putting his arm around my shoulder. "You will have the most fun."

"Really?"

"Yeah, you can tell her about us. Only the good things, because I know you." Brendon points out.

"Really, you want me to make her emo?" I say.

"What do you think we are?" Brendon laughs, "Make her emo, have fun with her. Make her sarcastic like you. Teach her how to play instruments."

"Thanks Uncle Forehead." I hug him.

"And please don't tell her about this nickname of mine." He says.

"She will know it herself." I laugh.

"And also, don't teach her how to back-flip. Because that will be my job. Otherwise I will have nothing to do."

------

Kate was almost asleep on my shoulder and I was almost asleep on Levi's shoulder. Sarah was also there, she laughed when she saw the three of us together, sleeping on one another.

"Don't post it anywhere." I warn.

"Done." Sarah sticks her tongue out.

"I have love and hate feelings towards you." I act fake-angry.

"How much time is left?" Kate asks.

"Have some more coffee." Levi hands everyone one cup.

Suddenly the nurse who had thrown us out, came out of the room. "You all can come in. But don't make any noise, or I will throw you out again."

"Is she pointing directly at me?" Kate whispers.

We all move inside, and see Dallon rocking a small thing wrapped inside a blanket. "Kids, come here."

"Is that the baby?" I ask.

"Yeah, do you want to hold her?" Dallon asks.

"No, no. What if she falls off?" I say.

"Oh come on. She won't fall off. I am there, and you will be good." Dallon kisses my forehead.

Dallon carefully puts the baby in my arms, "Hi baby. You might not totally understand me, but I am your big sister, Phoenix. I am the one who spoils you, sneaks in food. You can come to me when Dallon refuses you sweets."

"At least, I already knew that she sneaks in food." Dallon laughs.

"Give the baby to me!" Brendon jumps, a little.

"Bren--"

"I know, I know. I am great with kids. I took care of Phoenix for so many weeks." Brendon says, proudly. Dallon sighs and hands him the baby. "What up there kiddo. I am the Uncle that is going to spoil you so damn much that Dallon will make you to stop hanging out with me."

"That is true." Dallon mumbles. "He already spoiled my first kid."

I smile when I hear Dallon saying that. So he really won't leave me.

"—And also, from whatever your sister says about me are lies. And also remember Dallon is not my boyfriend." Brendon says.

"That is for you to believe in." I laugh.

Brendon hands the baby back to Breezy, "What should we name her?"

And for the first time, everybody was thinking. Then Dallon and I spoke together, "Amelie." And looked at each other in confusion.

"Amelie it is." Breezy kisses the baby's nose.

~~~~~~~~
I am gonna stick to updating on random days.