{30}- The one will all the forgiveness and Max getting drunk

"Ame."

"No."

"Ame."

"No."

"Amelie."

"You said that you'll be back in a week. But it's over a month now. You had promised." Amelie whines.

"Ame, just a few more days." I lie, I don't like lying to her. "Now, show me Knox."

Dallon chuckles and puts the camera on Knox. He extends his hand as if he were trying to catch me. Both the kids have an obsession with holding noses. "Hey, dad."

"Everyone misses you, kid. Josh the most, he has reduced coming here. Now he just comes over twice a month to play with the kids. Brendon's bored and cranky." Dallon says.

"Brendon's cranky all the time." I point out.

"True." Dallon smiles, "How's Max?"

"Gay. Literally and emotionally." I say.

"You say that because you cannot date me." Max yells from outside, making Dallon laugh.

"Yeah, that is the biggest regret of my life." I yell back.

"Are you ready?" Max asks.

"No."

"Do you need an invitation?" Max rolls his eyes.

"You two, going somewhere?" Dallon asks.

"Yeah, Max and I are hanging out today." I say.

"Awesome. Have fun." Dallon smiles.

"Say sorry to Amelie." I say and hang up. I get up to change my clothes.

"You did not tell him." Max says.

"No."

"Why?"

"Because he will be worried for no reason." I point out.

"Even I am." Max says.

"I'll be okay."

----

"Just take a deep breath and go." Max says, "You sure that you want to do this?"

"Someday or other." I take a deep breath and move out of the car. "Wish me good luck."

"Love you."

"I know."

I reach the door of the house and ring the bell. A boy opens it, "Yes?"

"Is Matt here?" I ask.

"Yeah, wait." The boy runs inside, "Daddy there is someone there for you."

"How many times have I told you not to op--" The man I did not really wanted to see pauses, "Phoenix?"

"Dad."

"Phoenix? What are you doing here?" He asks.

"I work here now."

"C-come in. Tea?" He asks.

"No." I sit down, "Is that your son?"

"Yeah. His mother is out right now." He looks at the kid. "What ar--"

"I came to forgive you." I say and his jaw falls on the floor, "Despite of what you did. You abused my mother and left me. Even though you tried kidnapping me, I am forgiving you."

"Phoenix—"

"I am like my father. Dallon. I forgive everyone. I remembered that I haven't forgiven you, so here I am." I say.

"I am sorry, for everything." He looks down.

"You should be." I say, getting up.

"Stay here for sometime." Matt says.

"I should get going." I say and he widen his arms, "I have forgiven you, does not mean that we are okay."

His face falls off, "I am sorry."

I move out of the house and see Max with his head out of the car. "So?"

"Take me someplace." I say and he starts the car.

-----

"A bar?"

"We are legal." Max says.

"No, we are not."

"Just move in. The bouncer knows me." Max says, pushing me in. He greets a buff man and we enter.

"Damn, son." I exclaim, "This is amazing."

"Just dance and it'll help you get your mind off things." Max yells apart from the music, "Drinks?"

"I am good as sober." I raise my hands.

"Your loss." He yells and gulps down a glass, "That's it for me."

"Thanks." I roll my eyes and keep dancing. Suddenly I feel a hand around my waist, I turn around and see a guy, "What the—"

"Come on, let's get you a drink." He says.

"No thanks." I push his hand off.

"It's on me." He smirks.

"Hey, hands off my sister." Max yells and pushes the guy. The man raises his hands and walks away, "You okay?"

"Yeah, thanks Max." I hug him.

"Anytime." He says, "I am getting myself a drink."

"Max, not more." I say.

"Only one." He smiles.

-----

That 'one more' ended up in three more. I drag Max to his car and carefully dump him in the back, and drive home.

"Gotta puke." Max holds his mouth as I open the door. He rushes to the bathroom and pukes for good, twenty minutes.

I get him some clothes while he puked. Which reminded me never to let him drink. Hey! I don't drink, I learnt that when my real dad got drunk and abused my real mom.

Drinking is not good, kids.

"Phoenix." Max calls out and hold him. I put his arm over me and lead him to his room.

"How are you feeling?" I ask, "Sorry wrong question, why do you feel like this?"

"Because I drank too much, mom." He chuckles. He was still drunk. I roll my eyes and pout a couple of aspirin near his bed. "Phoenix."

"Yeah."

"Levi is lucky to have you."