{29}-The one with the truth about Brittany

i decided to get you all shook up, after watching the video for LA Devotee. (damn, that was creepy). anyhows, read a very important question at the end. 

and also, you are my kids.(no questions asked(lolno))

~~~~~~~

"In flesh." Brittany smiles, weakly.

"How?"

"My dad owns this company." She says, "I had asked him to hire you."

"Why?"

"To right the wrong, I did a long time ago." She says. What kind of a cryptic language was it?

"What?"

"I'd love working with you." She starts walking away, "Trust me, I won't bug you here."

"Brittany, come home for dinner." I say and she smiles.

"I'll bring the food."

My worst nightmare was in front of me and was apologizing for something I don't even know about. I mean, she never apologizes.

----

"Guys, Brittany helped to hire me."

"WHAT?"

"Same reaction. But with a lower volume." I say.

"But why?" Levi asks.

"Same reaction." I say.

"Phoenix." Kate looks at me.

"She said something about correcting the wrong she did years back. Some sort of a cryptic ancient language." I shrug.

"I need to know once she goes."

"Okay mom." I say and hang up. I get up and set the house straight. Max is not good at it. 

Thankfully he was still in college. He has no idea as to who Brittany is. She has changed, there was hell less of make-up on her, she looked weak and tired, and also we talked and she did not threaten to kill me.

That is a good sign.

I keep Max's clothes inside and do the same with mine. I felt like Dallon for a moment, I miss him. A lot.

Suddenly the doorbell rings, it was Brittany. "Hey."

"Hi, whoa. Taco Bell." I exclaim.

"It was your favourite."

"Damn right. Come on in." I say.

"This is where you live." She looks around.

"Yeah, with a friend." I answer.

"Nice, how's Dallon?" She sits down.

"Good. He is busy taking care of Amelie and Knox."

"Knox?"

"Last week." I say.

"Oh, congratulations."

"Thanks." I smiles, "How are you?"

"Good. I missed that sarcasm of yours." She chuckles a bit.

"I always ended up hurting you with it." I say, making her laugh, "Why did you leave?"

"I did something really terrible." She looks down.

"What?"

"You would not like to see me ever again after I tell you." She says.

"I'll understand."

"Promise?"

"Promise." I say.

She takes a deep breath, "The day of your birthday. My parents were really angry with me. And I had enough of it, so I snuck out and took out my mom's car. I thought I knew how to drive, and I happened to pass your driveway. My eyes were filled with tears and could not see a thing. And the next thing I know is Ryder is lying on the road next to you. And I ran away."

I sit there dumbfounded.

"I-I never meant to hurt anyone. I was running away from my house. Then I got to know that Ryder passed away. I could not take it, I had killed someone." She holds out her arms, which were filled with worn out scars, "I am sorry. I never meant it. I left everything and moved her. I never told my parents about it."

"Brittany, I—"

"I get it Phoenix. You have every right to be angry. But I had no intention to hit you guys." She cries.

"Brittany stop crying. I am forgiving you, just stop." I say.

"What?"

"This happened years ago and everyone tried to forget about this." I say, "Am I angry? Yes. But you did not do it on purpose. It was a mistake, a big horrible mistake. And you accepted it."

"Phoenix, I—"

"Brittany, it's okay." I say, okay fine. Yes, I am not fine. But it was not her fault that she drove. Okay, yes it was her fault that she was driving. Why the hell am I explaining to you.

"Thank you, Phoenix." She hugs me, and cries more. "I would never forget this."

"Please stop." I say and she pulls away, "I am not used to this, coming from you. I need you to be the person who used to bully me. I like her more."

"Shut it you, emo-bitch!" She laughs.

"Ah, the memories." I sigh, "Stay like this. And don't tell anyone that I know."

She nods and smiles.

Kate was right. I am like Dallon, I end up forgiving everyone. Even for their horrible mistakes. Why am I like this?