{22}- The one with naming the baby

Dallon's POV

"No, you won't leave." Amelie whines.

"Ame, I have to. I don't want to but--" Phoenix says.

I stand near the door beneath the roof, I could hear everything; from Amelie whining to Phoenix trying to make her understand.

"No." Amelie says, "I will tell daddy that you are not going anywhere."

"Ame, understand. Even I don't want to go, but I have to." Phoenix says. I could hear her voice cracking.

When did my kid grow up? It was just yesterday, that I had adopted her.

"Okay fine. I won't leave." Phoenix says.

Really.

"Promise?"

"Promise." Phoenix says, "Now let's go down."

I quickly go back to the kitchen, "Dallon, where were you?"

"Nowhere." I lie.

"You were listening to the girls." Breezy says. She knows that I cannot lie, "Dallon, she is g--"

"I know that she is growing up. But I am not ready for this." I say, but pause when the girls enter. "Somebody wants ice-cream?"

"Me!" Amelie jumps.

"Ice cream!" Phoenix also jumps.

I put ice cream for all the girls and we sit down to watch a movie. "Daddy! Phoenix is not leaving."

"What?" Breezy and I ask in unison.

"Yes, she promised me." Amelie smiles.

"Yeah." Phoenix shrugs, but then turns her head in a 'no'.

"Oh." Is all I could get out of my mouth.

"W-which movie do you want to see?" I ask.

"Big hero 6." Phoenix replies.

-----

"Dad."

"Yeah."

"I am getting bored." Phoenix sits upside down on the couch. Just like she used to do.

"What do you want to do?" I ask.

"I have an idea!" She exclaims.

"I am scared."

"Funny." She says, "How about we put the names of our choices and that will be the name of the baby."

"That--"

"Is a good idea." Breezy lights up. Amelie brings the paper and we write the names of our choices and shuffle it.

"Can I pick?" Amelie raises her hand.

"Okay." I smile and let her pick.

Amelie picks a piece of paper and looks at it with a confused look, "K-N-O-X."

"Knox." I repeat.

"MINE!" Phoenix jumps.

"Knox? Knox, Knox." Breezy keeps repeating, just to check. "KNOX!"

"So--"

"Knox it is." Breezy smiles, "Where do you get these names from?"

Phoenix shrugs her shoulders, "I don't know. Just came in my mind. And also our names end in the same letter."

"Cool name." I ruffle her hair and she puts her head in my lap. In no time she fell asleep. "And my legs are gone."

"You way too tall." Breezy chuckles.

"And you are married to me." I say. I look at Amelie, she was playing with Zero. "You know what?"

"What?"

"I guess it will be only you, me, Amelie, Zero and the baby boy." I say, as I move my hand over the sleeping Phoenix.

"Knox." Breezy corrects me.

"You sure on Knox?"

"Yes." Breezy smiles and hovers her hand around her belly, "Knox."

"Phoenix will not leave, right?" Amelie asks.

What am I supposed to tell the kid?

-----

"DADDY!" Amelie yells, making me fall off the bed. "Phoenix let Zero wake me up again."

"How can I? I am sitting with my laptop." Phoenix raises her hands.

I rub my face, "I am going to lose my nose, if you keep waking me up like this everyday."

"Not so fast, Dad." Phoenix laughs, "A couple of more weeks of us shouting, then you will be Voldemort in no time."

"Not Voldemort." I say, "Anything but him."

"I'll see and let you know." Phoenix says.

"Ultimate bad boy." I laugh.

"Ultimate old man." Phoenix laughs.

"Enough jokes on my age." I say, "Now do your work.

"Anything you say, old-giraffe man." Phoenix turns back to her laptop.

I miss the days when she used to joke about my age, even though I am only 15 years older to her. But she won't accept it.

"What are you doing?" I ask.

"Applying to places." Phoenix answers.

"Cool." I shrug, "Tea?"

"I had it already. I've kept your coffee." She smiles. She is still the same, the only difference is that we both are growning up.

Well, she is growning up and I am refusing that fact.

"Come on, dress up fast. We are going shopping." I say, making both the girls jump a little.

They both are so similar in so many ways.

------

After sometime we reach the mall and Amelie pulls my arm towards Hot Topic.
EVEN THIS KID IS GOING TO BE A FANGIRL.

"Daddy, I want those skulls!" Amelie shouts.

"Okay, okay. Fine, there is no winning from you two." I raise my hands.

"Daddy this one." Amelie picks up a black skull.

"That's my kid." I fake-cry. I look at Phoenix, she was looking at all the band merchandise with an 'awe' look an her face. "Phoenix?"

"I want them all. I always wanted them all." She smiles, "Way before you had adopted me."

"Take 'em." I say.

"Seriously?!"

"Yeah."

"I am gonna buy a couple of t-shirts and jeans." She smiles. "They are too expensive."

"Both of my daughters are like me." I laugh.

We both are interupted by Amelie, "Daddy! This one also!"