thirty-two

We had spent the next four hours in the hospital so the nurses and doctor could monitor Asher and his state of being. He had quieted his screaming into low whimpers but everyone could still tell he was upset and sick. The doctor sent us home with some medication to help him feel a little better in the meantime, also he was exhausted and needed sleep. That was also part of the reason he was so upset, he hadn't been able to sleep and he was utterly exhausted.

Once I had laid Asher in his crib I fell onto my bed and completely crashed. My muscles were sore and my body was tired from dealing with all this impending stress. Not only was I dealing with Asher running a high fever and needing medical attention, I also was getting calls from my coach about scouts and calls from Madison for still unknown reasoning.

To jugle all this at once made me tired and sick. I was at a high state of stress and I wouldn't have thought in a million years I would be where I am today. If you would have told me I would be where I am currently, two years ago I would have never believed you.

"Harry?" I whispered invaded my thoughts as I was completely passed out from all the stress from the past 24 hours. I groaned and moved only slightly to find it was more comfortable, maybe if I ignored whoever it was, they would go away.

"Harry?"

Again it said shaking me lightly as if to convey they didn't want to be aggressive in waking me up. My anger was growing the more the voice said my name and tried to gain my attention, not to mention this was my time to finally get some shut eye. As soon as Asher woke up later I would be at his beckon call, I was in need of sleep for my own sanity.

"What?" I hissed turning to the right side of the bed to see Madison looking at me with worrisome eyes. She wore a pair of grey sleep shorts with a black muscle tee, long slits splitting down the sides to reveal her black Calvin Klein sports bra. Her golden hair that illuminated in the moonlight was tied into a ponytail that reminded me of a cheerleader.

She stepped back slightly to give me room to sit up, hearing her bare a deep sigh she kept her worried expression clear. Tension was building in the darkened room as I sat up and pushed my hair back out of my face.

"Madison?" I questioned a little softener even though I was upset and grumpy she had woken me at a late hour of the night. The moonlight was spilling over her features as she stood now closer to the door. She gestured for me to join her in the other room, most likely because she didn't want to risk waking Asher who was soundly asleep.

"Harry, we need to talk." Madison's voice was a little deeper then normal and her presence was that of warning and fear of something I didn't yet know. She rubbed her arm as we stood in the lamp lit living room.

"How did you even get in here?" I asked her seeing that Liam and Louis were out of sight. It was late and I didn't even hear a knock on the front door, then again I was passed out and wouldn't hear if world war three were outside.

"Liam let me in, I don't have much time." Madison looked around as if her attention wasn't completely focused on one thing or another. Her crystal blue eyes wandering about as if she were searching for something she didn't know.

"What is going on?" I puzzled reading her body language that was clearly unsettled by whatever she needed to tell me. I had a guess that this had something to do with Keira but nothing was for certain until Madison explained.

"They found her Harry." Madison was vague when she explained things. I furrowed my brow and scratched behind my head in confusion. Who was Madison talking about?

"Who is they?" I asked her flatly still trying to gain the energy to stand up straight and listen at the same time. I was fading in and out from what Madison was saying and doing since I found myself exhausted.

"Her parents, Harry they are going to come after you and her." This snapped me out of my daze when I was mentioned. What was I being targeted for?

"What? Who? Keira's parents?" I crossed my arms over my chest that was covered over with a wrinkled and slightly oversized Rolling Stones band tee.

"Yes. Keira showed up at my door today. She was terrified about the entire thing. I don't know all of the details but she is scared enough that she's come back." Madison told me looking into my eyes even in the dimly lit room. The lighting making everything all a little more intense as Madison spoke, coming to warn me.

"Where is she?" I jumped wanting to see Keira then and there. I hadn't seen her in ages and there was so many questions I needed answers too. She held the answers to every question I had asked.

"She is asleep at my apartment. I just didn't know who else to turn to." Madison ran her hands through her hair and swayed to the side in efforts to calm her anxiety she was feeling.

"God.." I sighed deeply blowing out a long breath that I had sucked in previously. There was so much happening that I could barely keep up with it. New things were transpiring while I was still trying to deal with what was at hand currently.

I couldn't handle all this pressure weighing in on me and now that I was being somewhat targeted, or so Madison says; I can't take it all. I do what I can and begin to inhale and exhale I few times.

"What would get her parents to come after us?" I asked Madison with an unclear thought process. Everything was so clouded from my exhaustion.

"I don't know... maybe I could bring Keira over tomorrow morning and we could all talk about what's happening. Figure out some different options." Madison suggested in a more serious tone.

"I think that's a good ideas. There nothing we can do at this point in the early hours of the morning." I scratched the back of my neck and yawned still wanting to get back to sleep.

I only had a few more hours till morning and was planning on soaking what sleep I could attain within those few hours.

"You're right. We should get some sleep." Madison yawned from my previous yawn causing me to follow suit and yawn once again.

"I'll see you in the morning then?" I rubbed my eyes and watched her make little steps towards the door.

"Yeah." She nodded twisting the knob and shutting the door quietly behind her. Taking long sluggish steps back into the bedroom I peered in Asher's crib to see him taking in deep steady breaths.

His lips were in a pout while he subconsciously made a sucking motion with his lips despite the absence of a binkie. His body is curled up around his sea of blue blankets he clung to, his little hand clutched around a chunk of fabric. He was peaceful with his soft face relaxed and his long eyelashes falling over eyes.

Falling back into my bed a let the mattress keep me captive and cushion my tired work out bones. Sinking into sleep I closed my eye and drifted off with complete ease.