four

I felt like I was asleep all for about two hours before I heard a shriek coming from the bedroom. Not long after the low cries got a bit louder I heard a deep voice call my name. "Harry!" It called groggily.

Moaning from hearing the shrieks from the other room I sat up and rubbed my eyes. I checked my phone and saw it actually wasn't as early as I thought it was, 7AM.

"Harry!" Liam called to me again as I slowly walked into the bedroom where the baby laid stressed out on my bed. Liam was still half asleep sprawled out on his bed, putting his head under his pillow to block out the sounds of the baby.

"I'm up." I yawned looking at the baby who laid his eyes on me and reached his arms up towards me. Begging to be held and taken care of I bent down to pick him up smelling something God awful. "Sweet Jesus." I gagged smelling the smell that lingered off the baby.

"What is that smell?" Liam muffled into the pillow once I had quieted the cries only slightly by picking Asher up.

"Mate it's the baby, I can't do this one." I shook my head looking at Asher who was kicking his legs in the air and moving his arms frantically.

"I'm sure as hell not doing it, that smells like a bomb exploded in his pants." Liam's voice was muffled in the pillow as he laid flat on his stomach. Sweat and anxiety was forming again over my forehead.

"This smells toxic." I commented moving out into the living room where I found Louis' closed door. Going to try and open it I jingled the knob but to no avail got it open.

Gagging while I walked back out the living room I located the unopened diaper package and wipes. Laying the baby on the couch and grabbing the diapers and wipes I also found some dish washing gloves and tongs so I could successfully go through this delicate process.

"You're a stinky boy aren't you?" I asked seeing him respond to my voice by quieting his cries. I saw this as a good sign and tried to make conversation, trying to buy myself time to figure out how to do this.

"Did you sleep okay?" I asked him seeing Liam come out of the bedroom and look at me funny. "I'm trying to make conversation okay?" I fired at Liam as I began to unbutton his onesie.

"Christ that stinks!" Liam covered his nose with hands as he stood next to me looking at the mess the baby had made in his pants. Gagging as I saw the sight I turned away from the baby to catch a breather.

"Okay here we go." I picked up a few wipes and began to wipe him where the mess had exploded on him. Pulling his ankles up I switched out the diaper with the tongs and pulled the tabs to secure the diaper around his waist. Taking the old poopy diaper with the tongs I got up and threw it into the trash that sat by the front door. "Hey we did it!" I cheered high fiving Liam with my yellow dish gloves I wore.

"Morning lads!" Louis came out with a smile on his face as if he weren't fazed by anything that happened last night.

"Morning!" Liam answered heading to the kitchen to start a pot of tea. Picking up the baby and propping him up in his car seat to sit since I still wasn't one hundred percent comfortable holding him.

Louis looked over with a furrowed brow confused by the sight of the baby I had just set into the car seat."Oh so all that wasn't a dream?" Louis sat down next to me at the bar while Liam poured steaming hot water into our mugs. "I thought for sure it was just the effect of too much gin and tonic." He shook his head and ran a hand through his unkept hair.

"Oh shit!" I swore looking at my phone messages that hadn't been read yet. "Oh shit! Ooooooh shit!" I drew out reading the message sent by my sister.