twenty-eight

"I think Len is upset..." I blurted out as Gemma and I sat on my parents couch just after Thanksgiving dinner. My stomach was past its capacity, I had eaten my weight in turkey and gravy, leaving me with a very full stomach.

"Why would you say that?" Gemma asked me wrapping her arms around her stomach that she pushed out to imitate a pregnant belly. Rubbing her hand across it as she tried to ease the pain of potatoes and stuffing.

"She's been dodging me and just been weird about coming over. She keeps rejecting me whenever I ask her if she wants to hang out and isn't much for conversation when I try to text or talk to her." I confessed to Gemma as old school cartoons loosely caught my attention. Images of Fred Flinstone flashed across the screen as I began to confess to Gemma about Eleanor.

"Well what did you do!?" Gemma darted her eyes to me sitting up before squinting her eyes in pain from the sudden movement of her hurt stomach that jostled around inside her.

"I didn't do anything! The cheerleader did!" I blamed thinking back to the end of the game a few weeks back.

"Harry!" Gemma slapped me rolling her eyes before slouching back into the couch groaning as she averted her eyes to the ceiling. Her blonde hair was had messily fallen onto her shoulders once she had slammed against the couch.

"Gemma she came onto me and before I could say no she was already all over me!" I explained getting Gem to see my side of the story. This wasn't a situation that was my fault this time, I hadn't wanted this girls attention but she begged for mine.

"Dear lord Harry, that's probably why she left the game early! She no doubt saw you!" Gemma sat up again taking her hair tie from her wrist and gathering her hair to put in a high bun.

"What do I do Gem?" I asked her advice since it had been hard to talk or get through to Eleanor. She didn't want to have much of a conversation with me recently.

"Tell her what you told me, you can't just let her go, Harry. Eleanor is a special girl and I don't think you'll ever find someone else like her anywhere else." Gemma was right. Eleanor was special in more ways then one and I needed to be straight with her, she needed to know my side of the story.

Durning this years Thanksgiving dinner I couldn't only think of Len and how I was so grateful for her to have come back into my life. I was thankful to Louis who called her during my time of need even though I would never tell him this, I didn't need to boost his ego anymore then it already was.

"I know." I nodded sighing as I looked over at my dad playing peek a boo with Asher. He was getting so big so fast and it was amazing me but at the same time making me sad. I didn't want my little baby boy to grow up yet.

"Eleanor is understanding, just tell her what happened and I'm sure she will see it was all a big misunderstanding. Think about it in her shoes, she probably thinks you played her like every other girl you have been with."

"But I didn't, I didn't want to kiss that other girl." I shook my head to the cheerleader who demanded my attention after the game.

"I know that but she doesn't, she probably caught you two kissing. What else is she supposed to think other then you got a little handsy with the cheerleader?" Gemma asked rubbing her belly once again in her right position, her legs crossed on the couch.

"I know, I need to talk to her." My eyes averted to the TV where Fred kissed his wife before the program ended.

I wanted that. I wanted what my parents had. I was tired of the life I had lead before, I was now ready to put that all behind me. It was time to move on from my childish thinking and wishes, I was ready for something bigger. Something that held meaning. I wanted someone special like Eleanor to be by my side. I wanted something that would last longer then one night.

"Eleanor really cares about you Haz, she has ever since you guys were friends. In my opinion you two belong together! You always have!" Gemma rooted for Eleanor and I's romantic relationship. I wanted this relationship to work as well, I cared for Len more then she knew.

"You think so?" I smirked imagining what my life could be like if Len and I did happen to work out.

"I don't think, I know. Len has always had feeling for you." I squinted my eyes at Gemma not sure if I totally believe her.

"There's no way!"

"Harry! How could you not see that?! Eleanor has always had something special for you, ever since middle school!" Gemma stressed as if it were obvious information.

"How do you know?" I crossed my arms over my chest looking at her. Waiting for an explanation to Gem's crazy theory.

"Harry it was obvious! I saw the way she looked at you, the way she would do anything for you. She cares more then anyone else! I can't imagined what it felt like when she saw you going out with other girls! It must have hurt like hell for her to see the boy she had loved since she was little be with someone else."

"I didn't know that she had liked me for so long." I scratched the back of my neck feeing sorry about going to Eleanor about every girl and date I went on. She was my best friend and I told her everything, but now knowing what I know I felt terrible that I have her details of my relationships.

The way she his her feeling from me while I spouted on about my relationships much have hurt her more then I knew. I hated to think that I hurt Len without even knowing it.

Harry: Can we talk?

Eleanor: About what?

Harry: I need to explain myself to you, do you want to come over later?

Eleanor: I don't know Harry. I'm with my family and who knows when I'll be done.

Harry: Come on Len, give me another chance. It wasn't what it looked like!

Eleanor: I'll talk to you later, I'll let you know if I'm coming over.

Harry: Okay.

"What is she saying?" Gemma asked while I sunk into the couch further from receiving texts from Eleanor. I was only hoping that Eleanor would come and let me talk to her, let me give her an explanation.

"I asked if she wanted to come over later to talk and she said she will think about it." I caught Gemma up to speed as she stood up to grab Asher from my dad. Setting him on her lap she smiled at the baby who gurgles to himself.

"She will come around Haz, just give her some time." Gemma told me while she lifted up Asher and brought him back down to kiss his nose making him erupt in giggles.

"I hope so, I don't know what I would do without her again." I confessed watching Gemma play with Asher who enjoyed all the attention he was receiving. Asher loved Gemma, anytime she came around he reached out for her.

"Well, on the bright side of things Louis and Liam owe you for diaper changes!" Gemma arched a brow looking over at me before going back to playing with Asher. I had made sure to dress him warmly in a white knitted hat with a little brown fluffy ball on top and pair of brown sweatpants I couldn't help but think were adorable! With a squirrel printed long sleeve onsie and some animal face socks I smiled at how cute he looked.

"That's true! They lost their bet!" I cheered in my head thinking about all the poopy diapers I could dodge due to their lost bets.

"No poopy diapers for me!" I teased smiling at Asher as I touched his tiny nose just to see that smile come through instantaneously.

note// I just wrote up tomorrow's chapter guys and it's a tear jerker not going to lie!

QOTD: Do you think Eleanor will be forgiving of the situation!