seven

"Well that was quick." Louis greeted sipping on his mug as I came into the door with the car seat hanging in my hand.

"I couldn't do it man!" I shut the door and threw the keys on the air table. "Mate he held my finger with his hand! His whole little hand!" I set down the car seat and walked towards the kitchen to grab some tea that was brewing.

"So then what are you going to do now?" Louis asked turning in his stool to look at me pouring the steaming hot tea. Locating the milk in the fridge to subtract from the steaming temperature.

"Well first and foremost I need to talk to Gemma. She'll know what to do." The first person I could think of to help me with this bind was Gemma. She always knew how to give great advice and in this case I could use all the advice I could get. I was stepping into foreign territory with raising a baby and could use all the help I could get.

"What about your parents? I'm surprised Gemma made it this long without telling them!" Looking over past Louis' shoulder I saw Asher kicking around in his seat cooing to himself.

"No they can't know yet. Do you understand that my parents would murder me if they ever found out about my extracurricular activities?" I took a sip of my tea while I leaned up against the kitchen counter going through the situation in my head.

"Harry your mother is the sweetest person on planet earth and your telling me she would release hell on earth if you told her? I'm seriously doubting your judgment." Louis almost laughed at me from what I had told him about the whole parent situation.

"You haven't seen Anne Twist mad! It doesn't happen very often but when it does, it's like she transforms into a completely different person. Trust me mate you don't want to see that." Hearing giggles start from the Asher kicking I saw him lift his fists to his mouth while he giggled at me.

"What are you laughing about over there?" I pointed to Asher causing him to giggle even more as I came over to him with a smile on my face. "Who are you laughing at huh?" Bent on my knees I began to tickle Asher's tummy to hear him erupt into a laughing fit, his little baby laugh causing a smile to appear on my lips.

Unbuckling him from his carrier I took his bare body into my arms as he kept that little toothless grin on his face from being held. Finishing up my tea I noted that Asher needed a fresh pair of clothes as well as some other equipment if he were going to stay with me and the boys.

"Well at any rate your going to have to tell Anne sooner or later, whether she finds out or you tell her." Louis reminded standing up to put his mug in the sink and lightly touching Asher's tiny nose.

"I would rather later." I told Louis listening to Asher coo to himself and find intrigue in my cross necklace. Feeling my phone vibrate in my pocket I answered without even checking the ID.

"Hello?" I answered bouncing Asher put to reposition him in my arms since he had slid down a little.

"Hey, I just wanted to call and check on you. How did this morning go?" It was Gemma.

"It went fine..." I was yet to tell Gemma what really happened since it didn't go as I had planned. It was a moment of weakness and I had come to realize that I couldn't leave my baby in a place he didn't know with strangers.

"Harry? I know that tone a voice, what's up?" Gemma was onto me like white on rice. She had missed her calling in life, she should have been a detective from the way she could detect anything.

"So, it turns out I'm keeping Asher." I smiled a nervous smile into the phone waiting for her to say something.

"You are what? Harry this is a baby we are talking about. An actual breathing human being that you have to take care of!" Gemma groaned hearing my change of plans. "You have never been responsible with anything and now you decide you want to keep a baby. He's not like a bag of flour they give you in high school to take care of Harry!"