twenty•

5 Years Later

A lot can happen in 5 years, a lot can change. After the coupe, it took Lexa a good month to recover from the toxin in her system. During that time Lexa was very quiet. She would only speak to Myka and myself and only left our bedroom when she wanted to go outside.

During her quiet time I wanted to stay by her side and help her but after the first week Myka made me start vampire lessons again. Finally though when it was coming up on the one-month anniversary Lexa was out of bed before me, opening the shades, setting out some clothes for me and brought me flowers from the garden.

I could feel her happiness again for the first time in a long time. Once Lexa got out of her funk we started to plan our wedding. Needless to say my mom wasn't really happy when I told her about our wedding. She freaked out and wanted us to delay it for as long as possible.

That's when Lexa and I dropped the bomb on her. We told her everything, about Lexa being a vampire, about her kingdom, about how I'm now a vampire as well. At the end of that talk Lexa got a nice slap across the face and I got a slap across the back of my head. She stormed off and came back home tipsy later. The next morning she woke up with a hangover but she came around a bit. She still wasn't happy about us getting married this soon but as long as I was happy that's all she cares about.

Our wedding was on October 2nd of 2016. It was a beautiful ceremony, which we had on the mountaintop where Lexa turned me. She said she wanted that place to hold a better memory then the one before it. I didn't object but only requested that the wedding be small and intimate.

Lexa agreed and Myka and I planned the wedding. Krista was my maid of honor while Luna was Lexa's. The high priest of Havensfield married us and declared me fit to rule over Havenfield as Lexa's equal.

All the necessary paper work was filed and a week after the wedding Lexa and I returned to the city to make a statement. Lexa called her people to the cities main square and she delivered a speech. In the speech she talked about the successful coupe, who she is, who I am and in the end she even brought up her parents. She spoke about their rule and the reforms she was going to be to the nation.

After her speech was over the people started to chant her name. It was then that I knew Lexa won over the hearts of people. At the time I didn't know that Lexa didn't write out her speech. Everything she spoke about came from her heart and I was beyond impressed at my wife.

Over the past five years there were a few hardships but overall Lexa kept her word to her half-sister. Lexa turned her country around and made it a happy place to live again. Lexa mainly handled the political side of the countries affairs while I handled the wellbeing of our people. But before any major decision was made we would talk to each other about it. Only once we both came to an agreement would we act.

After our wedding my mother moved out here to be with us. She didn't want to be alone anymore. Lexa easily got her a job in the hospital in Dresden because here in Havensfield there are really no sick people. Mom actually lives in Dresden in a small apartment with her boyfriend of almost two years. His name is Frank and he is a doctor at the hospital.

The same kind of goes for Krista. Once Luna explained everything in grave detail to her she decided to stay. Her and Luna have been married for a year and they live in the west wing of our house. Over the past 5 years Krista has only regained a bit more movement in her leg but not much. She still goes to physical therapy for it once a week with my mother but other then that there really isn't much more she can do.

"Momma!" I heard my little girl scream out breaking me from my thoughts.

I turned around in my chair and saw Lexa and I's four-year-old daughter running away from Lexa towards me. I put my arms out let her jump into my arms.