eight•

The day was long, Lexa is a very good teacher but by the end of the day I was tired. Once she started Lexa didn't stop. She kept going and going all day until Luna came into the study and said that dinner was ready. Neither Lexa nor myself realized we have taken all day with her studies. When we came out of the study Lexa and myself met Annalise, Delma and Luna at the table. Lexa took my hand and led me to the table and sat down in the chair across from Delma.

I don't know what to call this air around us right now but it's not the best. I feel the tension coming off of Luna is waves. Delma and Annalise look like they don't really care about things too much.

"Are you guys together?" I asked nodding my head between Delma and Annalise after I finished my slice of pizza. Lexa snickers next to me while Luna's eyes widened.

Delma blushes and looks down at her empty plate while Annalise looks anywhere else but myself.

"I'm sorry, I have a large track record of putting my foot in my mouth." I said.

"No it's okay Jenna, Anna and myself have been together for a really long time." Delma answers and looks over at a very red Annalise.

"And how does Luna fit into this?" I asked trying to figure Lexa's family diemanic.

"Yea Lexa how do I fit into this?" Luna asked looking annoyed.

I looked between Luna and Lexa and they both look like they are having there own conversation in their heads. If I didn't know any better they really are having a conversation in their heads.

"And what about your family Jenna?" Luna asked, her voice super cold.

The emotion leaves my face as flashes of the accident come to mind. All the conversation stops as I grip the edges of the chair and try to stop the memories.

"Jenna are you okay?" I heard someone ask but I couldn't tell who.

"JENNA!" I heard my dad scream trying to get my attention.

"Dad?" I asked confused.

"Jenna, come on sweet girl you have to stay awake for me." Dad said.

"Daddy?" My eyes can barely stay open.

"Come on Jenna, we are almost there, stay awake." Dad said.

All of a sudden water is poured all over my head and my eyes open. I'm not in the car, I'm with Lexa.

"Jenna hey, look at me." I heard from above me. Opening my eyes again I found Delma leaning over me.

"Good, hey Jenna everything is going to be okay, how do you feel?" She asked.

Where is Lexa? My breathing is picking up and my chest hurts. I can feel the sweat dripping down my face as I tried to look around for Lexa.

"Jenna, Jenna, hey stay down, it's okay, Lexa went to grab me my bag and some towels. Breathe with me Jenna, in and out." Delma said. She took a breath in and out and I tried to follow her. I followed and took a breath in and out.

"Good, Jenna do you have asthma?" Delma asked.

"No" I said shaking my head willing myself to breath.

"D here" Lexa said and she was leaning over me now as well.

"Lexa" I said and reached out to her.

"I'm right here Jenna, I'm not going anywhere." Lexa said and took my hand.

It felt like the weight that was sitting on my chest has lifted. Delma is talking me through getting my breathing under control and by the time that it is I heard the doorbell ring.