ten•

The week went by quick. Mom and I spent Sunday watching movies and crappy TV on the couch. It did well distracting me from the thoughts going through my mind about what happened at Lexa's house in the morning. Mom didn't ask about what happened with Lexa and I'm grateful for that.

School was long. Lexa was waiting for me when I arrived at first period on Monday morning. She only said hello and she kept her distance, which I was thankful for. I know she wanted to talk to me but she didn't. As I went from class to class I could feel her watching me from afar. I know she wants me to be safe but I just wish she would just completely leave me alone for a couple of days to get my head straight.

Matt sat with me at lunch again and I know Lexa wasn't happy about it. I could see her getting red from across the room. Matt and I barely spoke but it was nice to have his company so I didn't have to eat alone. After school on Monday mom picked me up and we went home where I did my homework and relaxed the rest of the day.

School continued the same way the rest of the week. Lexa kept her distance as I continued to keep mine. I didn't want to talk to her right now. I still haven't come up with what I want to do with her yet. I was barely able to sleep at night because my mind was racing over what I should do with Lexa. Every time my mind told me to leave her and go on with my life, my heart would lurch in my chest and tell me no, you can't leave her.

On Friday things sort of reached a boiling point. I sat with Matt again at lunch and Lexa I think had enough. Luna wasn't with her yet when she came over to our table. When she reached the head of the table I looked up at her.

"Jenna can we please talk?" She asked quietly.

"Not now Lexa." I said back not wanting to speak about this now.

"Jenna please" Lexa asked. I could heard the desperation in her voice.

"Now's not the time Lexa." I said.

"Jenna you don't understand" Lexa began but was cut off by Matt.

"Lexa, Jenna just asked you to leave her alone so please leave." Matt said speaking up for the first time that day.

"You stay out of this Matthew." Lexa said, almost starting to raise her voice.

"Lexa, leave" I said trying to defuse this whole situation.

"No Jenna we need to talk about what happened last weekend. I have respected your wishes for space for almost a week now but we have to talk about it." Lexa continued.

"Lexa not here" I said looking up at her for the first time since she came over to the table.

Before Lexa could speak again Matt stood up from the table and got in her face. The two didn't say anything for a minute. The rest of the cafeteria was silent. You could hear a pin drop.

"She asked you to leave Lexa." Matt said.

"Leave the lady alone Lexa." Another girl said coming to stand in between the two of them. Lexa didn't say anything but look from the new girl to Matt then to me. She looked sorry but finally backed away from Matt and walked out the cafeteria doors. Luna just happened to walk into the cafeteria at that point as Lexa stormed out. She looked at me then sighed before following after Lexa.

Matt didn't stick around long either. He looked at me before grabbing his bag. He kissed my check before following Lexa out of the cafeteria.

"Are you okay?" The girl asked as I turned to go back to the table.

"I don't know" I said and rubbed my aching head.

"How about we go sit down at the table." She said and lightly touched my shoulder.

I just nodded and walked towards the table with the girl. She sat down across from me where Matt was sitting before he left. Just looking at what is left of my lunch is making my stomach turn so I pushed it away from me.

"I'm Krista by the way. We have a few classes together." The girl introduces herself.

"Jenna" I said not really wanting to talk to this girl.

I think that she got the hint because we didn't speak for the rest of lunch. When the bell rang she walked me to my next class, which I then realized we shared together. I changed my seat so I could sit next to her. Krista didn't say anything as I took the empty seat next to her. She just gave me a small smile as she took her stuff out.

The rest of the day past quickly. I didn't see Lexa or Matt again. The feeling of being watched also disappeared as well so I truly know that Lexa has left. After the school day let out I received a text from my mom saying that she couldn't pick me up. I just rubbed my still throbbing head and started walking.

I took the long way home to avoid the alley. When I got to the sidewalk in front of my house I saw something sitting on the front porch. I couldn't tell what it was until I got a bit closer and noticed that it is a dog. The dog couldn't be more then a year old by the size of it and it kind of looked like a pitbull.

After putting my backpack down on the ground I got closer to the dog. When I crouched next to it the dog looked up at me.

"What are you doing here, boy?" I asked after the dog stood up. He didn't do anything but look up at me and nudged my knee with his head. I brought my hand over to his head and patted him. He seemed to like me because his tail started waging and he licked my palm.

Before I could do anything else the puppy licked the ring that is still stuck on my finger

Before I could do anything else the puppy licked the ring that is still stuck on my finger. Just like when Lexa put it on, another rush of energy shot through me and knocked me on my ass.

"Jenna!" I heard someone say behind me. When I looked up Annalise is knelling next to me.

"Are you okay?" She asked.

"I think so, it happened again." I said and looked over to the puppy who is now sitting on his but.

"I didn't think this would be happening so quickly. Jenna this puppy is your guardian. He is here to protect you when you aren't around Lexa. Have you two talked yet?" Annalise said and helped me sit up.

"No, she wanted to today at school but I didn't want to talk to her." I said as the puppy came over to me and sat in my lap.

"I know you might not want to have anything to do with her but you guys are fated to be together. You're going to have to talk it out some time, and sooner would be better then later." Annalise said.

"Are you guys like her?" I asked still trying to hold onto my sanity.

"Yes but none of us would ever hurt you Jenna, please believe that." Annalise said.

She helped me stand up and we went inside. The puppy is still in my arms and is very content to be there. Annalise didn't stay for too much longer after making sure I was all right. Only ten minutes after she left I heard the doorbell ring. I left the puppy on the couch and got up. Before I could reach the door I heard little footsteps behind me and I knew it was him.

When I got to the front door the puppy sat in front of my feet. I sighed and pulled open the door and found a very scared looking Lexa standing on the other side of the door.