two*

My stomach and face are killing me. I think that's what ended up waking me up. Breathing hurt, I tried to move but it felt like my body weighed a thousand pounds. That's when my hearing started to catch up with me. I heard voices, two of them, both female, one of them sounds like the same one that helped me before in the alley. The other I haven't heard before. I can't make out what they are saying though; they are too far away from me.

Finally I open my eyes and look around. Wherever I am, I'm not at my house. I don't know where I am. Whatever this place is, it's nice. The room has a high ceiling and the bed I'm laying in has four large posts coming up from the corners. The wall to my left has two large windows in it; the walls around are lined with books. I don't think I have ever seen as many books in one place other then a library.

The rest of the room is pretty plain though. The walls are made with wood and the floor as well. The bed is sitting on a large rug and on the other side of the room if a fireplace. Above it is a large flat screen TV. There's a door next to the wall with the TV and I'm guessing it's the bathroom.

I pulled myself up and sat against the headboard. That was a struggle and probably the worst idea of my life. I almost let out a scream, almost. But I guess whatever kind of moan that left my mouth alerted the two women. They stopped speaking right away and I heard two sets of footsteps.

My anxiety started to skyrocket as I thought of ways to get out of here. My best shot is to try and get to the window, hopefully we will be on the ground floor and I will only have to hop out and run. Slowly I made my way to the edge of the bed and slid myself off. Once my feet hit the ground I started to walk my way over to the window. When I got there I looked out and saw that the ground is too far away. I must be on the second floor.

The footsteps are getting closer. I don't want to die, I just got my life back, and I don't want to lose it already. I looked around the room again and saw there are no other ways out. My stomach is killing as I backed into the wall. The door opened and in walked two girls.

"Jenna you should be laying down." It's her, the girl who saved me from the guys in the alley. My legs gave out from under me in relief. I know she won't hurt me. Before I could even hit the floor a pair of arms were underneath me, saving me once again.

"How... how did you get over here that quick?" I asked and looked up at her. Once my eyes connected with this mystery girl I felt like I couldn't breath. Only a few seconds later everything went black again.

This time when I came too I wasn't alone

This time when I came too I wasn't alone. The girl is sitting in a chair next to the bed. She is reading a book but from this angle can't make out what it is.

"How are you feeling Jenna?" She asked without looking up from her book.

"How do you know my name?" I asked.

"I looked at your ID before, I tried to bring you back to your house but when I knocked on the door there was no answer. I wasn't going to leave you alone till I knew that you are okay." The girl said and looked up from her book.

When our eyes locked I felt a lightning bolt go through my body. It felt as if that one look jump-started my body. Her ice blue eyes cut through to my soul and I felt like I could barely breath around her. This girl just looks so intimidating. I think she felt it too because her eyes widened.

"Let's get you home." She said and stood up from her chair.

It took me a minute to regain my composer but I finally got off of the bed. Once I was standing up right I followed the girl out of the room.

"What's your name?" I asked as we got to the staircase.

"Alexandra, but everyone calls me Lexa." Lexa said and looked back at me. "Do you think you can get down the stairs?" Lexa asked.

"I should be fine." I said and started to descend the staircase.

About five minutes later I was down the stairs with Lexa standing right next to me. We didn't speak as she led me through the large house and out the front door. Sitting in the driveway are three cars, but Lexa made her way towards the sleek Audi. I just followed right behind her and got into the passenger seat. The sports car roared to life and she backed out of the driveway and took off down the road.

A minute into the drive Lexa reached into the back and grabbed something. That something turned out to be my backpack, which I thought was lost during all of this. I sighed in relief as she handed it to me.

"Thank you" I said and looked over to her. Her grey hood is up again while the rest of her maroon leather jacket clung to her torso.

Lexa gave me a small nod and continued to drive me home. Neither of us said anything the rest of the way back to my house. I thought a lot, on how I should thank Lexa for saving me in the alleyway but I couldn't find the words to say. I'm still trying to fight off the flashbacks that haven't stopped coming since I woke up.

Before I knew it the car stopped and we were parked out from of the new house. Lexa didn't say anything; she just continued to look straight ahead at the road.

"Thank you" I said quietly before jumping out of the car and almost running into my house. I unlocked the door and slammed it shut behind me once I entered. I heard Lexa rev up the engine before taking off down the road again. Once I was sure she was gone I locked the door and went into the kitchen. I made myself two icepacks and went up to my room.

When I got to my new room I realized I still haven't unpacked. There are boxes lying around on the floor and I didn't have a single care in the world about them. I just dropped my backpack on the floor, got into bed, put the icepacks on my aching body and drifted off the sleep.

I don't know how long I was asleep for when I felt something move off me. My eyes opened and I found my mom sitting next to me. Her eyes show pity, and sadness as she looks over my stomach. When her eyes moved up to my face she looked surprised. I don't think she knew I was awake.

"What happened?" She asked.

"Don't worry about it." I said and grimaced.

"Are you okay?" She asked again.

"Why do you care?" I asked looking in her eyes, really wanting an answer from my mother.

Mom looked at me, really looked at me for once. She looked close to tears. I don't know why though. She very rarely shows emotion. Ever since my father died she cut herself off. She wouldn't show emotion because I don't think she truly accepted his death. She won't let herself feel because if she does it would be too much for her. So she shut down and I was left with nobody.

"I'll always care Jenna, more then you'll ever know." She whispered, her voice thick with emotion. Tears pooled in her eyes as she leaned down and kissed my forehead before putting another ice pack on my stomach and left the room, leaving me a confused, aching mess.