nine•

Last night was the best sleeps I have gotten in a long time. When I woke up the next morning I felt good, well rested and ready to take on the day. Before I opened my eyes I could feel a pair of arms wrapped around my waist. As I opened my eyes I found my head is on Lexa's chest and her arm is around my waist. Her eyes are still closed and her breathing is even. She looks peaceful for once.

I sighed and closed my eyes again to take in this moment. Right here, right now I can see myself wanting to be with Lexa, the way she has kept me safe and how she is holding me now. She makes me want to risk my heart again.

I didn't even realized I fell back asleep till I opened my eyes again to find the shades that were covering the windows are now open. Lexa is still laying next to me though, this time her eyes are open and they are staring back into mine.

"Good morning." She said in a quiet voice.

"Morning" I said and put my head back into her neck. Lexa sighed and held me tighter.

"Are you okay after what happened last night?" Lexa asked.

"Last night was the best night of sleep I have had in a while." I said.

"I'm glad to hear it, are you ready for some breakfast?" Lexa asked.

"Yea but I want to lay in bed with you for a little bit longer." I said and held onto her tighter.

"I'm not going anywhere Jenna, after breakfast we can come up here again and have a lazy day." Lexa said.

I just nodded and slowly sat up. Lexa followed my lead and we went downstairs. Sitting at the kitchen table already is Luna. Lexa stood in front of me and we both looked at her. Luna must have felt our gaze because she looked up. She looked tired and guilty.

"Morning Luna" I said trying to be civil.

"I would like to speak with you alone for a minute if that's okay with you Lexa." Luna said.

Lexa didn't look happy, she looked at Luna for a long minute before she sighed and walked into the kitchen. I stood still as Luna put down her spoon from her coffee and looked at me.

"I just want to apologize for last night. I didn't mean to be snarky, I'm just trying to look out for Lexa." Luna said.

"It's okay, I get it. I would be doing the same thing if I was in your position." I answered.

"No you don't, at least not yet. She is really lucky to have met you. When she tells you about everything it will become clear. I'll try and not be as rude as I have been but it will be hard. The last time this happened, things didn't end well for Lexa. I just don't want history to repeat itself." Luna said.

"What happened last time?" I asked.

"Don't worry about that Jenna, things are better now that you're here." Luna said and got up from her chair.

Not even a minute later Lexa came out of the kitchen holding two bowls. She sat in the same place she did last night and I did the same. She pushed the second bowl in front of me and I looked inside. It is some kind of cereal.

"Everything okay?" Lexa asked after she finished what was in here mouth.

"Yea everything is okay." I said and took a spoonful of cereal into my mouth.

We ate the rest of our breakfast in silence. When we were done Lexa took me back up to her room and closed the door behind us. She brought me to her bed and we sat across from each other.

"I want you show you something." Lexa said after taking a deep breath.

Whatever she wanted to show me I have a feeling it means a lot to her. I have had this feeling that I'm still missing something when it comes to Lexa. She is a mystery I'm desperately trying to uncover. There are so many levels to who she is as a person and I have only just scratched the surface. I still barely know anything about her. The only things I know is that she has an odd family life, she loves World War 2 for some strange reason and she can do magic. I wonder if she is pagan.