100 // Cops and Robbers

Sighing, you turned over in bed, knowing today was one of those days where you didn't need to do much but say, "I love you," to your boyfriend and maybe admire the beautiful LA skyline.

Hearing the bathroom door shut, you knew Mark had just gotten ready for work, his boot-clad steps walking toward you as quietly as possible. You felt him prop himself on the bed around your body, leaning down and placing a soft kiss on your temple and running his thumb over your cheekbone.

"Mark," you mumble sweetly, looking up at him with one eye. He smiled, dropping down once more to place a kiss on your lips. "I love you."

"I love you, too, beautiful."

You flipped on your back, cupping his cheek in your hand. Getting a devious thought, you pulled him toward you, making sure to hit his arm closest to your side. He fell on top of you with an oof, one leg hanging off the bed and the other slotting itself between your own. You both giggled, a loving look occupying your faces.

"I really do love you, ya know," he whispered, placing a kiss on your nose.

"I know," you sighed happily, "I just don't want you to go in today. Stay with me."

"But I got to. The Chief needed me up there today."

"Fuckin' stupid Chief," you jabbed the badge adorning his right sleeve, laughing a little at the jolt of his arm's reflex.

"Some things must be done, my love. And sadly, as a police officer for LAPD," he snickered at his own joke, saying L.A.P.D like lap'd, "I have a duty I must fulfill."

"Alright, whatever. Just be safe, and come home for lunch. I want to see you on my day off."

"I'll come home," he assured, burying his head into the crook of his neck, allowing you to run a hand through his buzzcut hairstyle – stupid police station, making him have a designated haircut. At least he got to keep the red floof on top, that was always the plus to everything.

"Okay," he groaned a little, getting up and holding his hand out, "it's time for me to go. Will you walk me to the door, m'lady?" He tipped an invisible top hat, extending his hand a little more. Jokingly exasperated, you took his hand and let him pull you out of bed with a grunt, walking down the stairs and to the front door while standing behind you, his arms wrapped tight around your waist as much as possible.

At the door, you grabbed his crisply folded hat, running your index finger across the straightened folds before placing it on his head. He had his gun, his handcuffs, his suit, his shoes, everything. Making sure the white of his undershirt was barely visible underneath his uniform shirt, that his name tag was straight and not crooked, that his pockets were buttoned, and lastly that he had actually buttoned the shirt correctly, you lightly pat his chest.

"You better come home in one piece, mister. Be safe."

"You be safe. I love you," a quick kiss, "don't do anything stupid."

"Could say the same to you, ya dork. Now go, don't want to be late."

He grabbed his keys, kissing your forehead one last time before heading out the door and into his tagged police vehicle. You leaned against the window by the door, watching him pull out almost flawlessly, save for the unnecessary brake near the end of the drive. Softly chuckling to yourself, you pushed off the window and went into the kitchen, pouring yourself some already-made coffee.

"Oh man," you whispered, clasping the white mug with both hands and walking upstairs, saying hi to the golden retriever that had been neglected upon her dad's departure. You went out the balcony overlooking that beautiful LA skyline, seeing the crystal waters of the pool and the green of the slowly dying grass past that.