88 // Dark

hi! so this next imagine is one that took me a couple weeks to work on, but i didn't do it alone. so thank you to my dear, lovely friend HannahxMetallica for helping me get this written. it was such a big help! on with this amazing story, eh?

TRIGGER WARNING : MURDER, BLOOD, DEATH.

──────

"You're a demon, and you're a demon because you weren't rightful with your life on earth," the words uttered from the higher being hit him like a stake to the heart, "your beloved was sent to heaven, her life rightful enough to get through those cursed golden gates." Letting his head hang low, he closed his eyes tightly, letting out a shaky breath at hearing the news. She really was his beloved, and hearing that he wouldn't be able to see her, it practically paralyzed him. "And so, to start your eternal life with me, you shall be deemed Dark, and you shall work as an exterminator of sorts.

"Your job is to kill anyone who stand in our way. If you do not go through with these plans, you will end up like our dear friend Anti – in a burning cage, and forever damned to the deep." With his final words, he walked up to the man knelt and shackled before him, touching his forehead.

A symbol, much like the ones used in rituals and séances, appeared on his forehead, burning a magnificent red. The now changing man's head lurched back, a growl so loud it shook his entire body being emitted from his throat. Lucifer, the higher being, chuckled at seeing the pure evil force radiating off of the once mortal man in front of him.

There was a crunch of bones, a sickening crack echoing throughout the hollow chamber. The chains decorating the walls began to rattle, the red blood dripping from the ceiling falling faster. Lucifer stood and watched, hearing the morphing man in front of him let out a series of grunts and growls, the vibration of his deep voice nearly shattering the metal around him. His biceps bulged, his chest going out and his abs quaking. The Adam's apple in his throat bobbed up and down, going with the changes in his vocals.

A shattering sound pierced through the rattling of chains and the drips of blood, the metal binding his hands scattering across the now bloody tile floor. His hands were at his side as his fingers changed, nails growing, and veins coming closer to the top of his skin in pulses. The shirt he was wearing ripped, coal black wings sprouting from his back while he bent back further in pain. The screams ripping throughout the echoey room only caused the Devil to smile as he eyed the subjects change in skin tone.

With one final ripple of his muscles, a guttural scream, and a popping of his bones, what he knew now as Dark snapped his head up. His eyes were closed and his agonizing screams of pain were silenced as his head hung low. Looking up, he revealed practical voids where his eyes would be, and two sharp canines in his wicked smile.

/////////////

A nightly chill brushed his stone cold face, the street lamps of Los Angeles revealing the scratches and scuffs on his leather jacket. He stretched his black glove with his teeth. With grounded footsteps, he walked collectively on the sidewalk with an appearance like that of a common thug, and at such an hour no one would care to notice.

He scanned the parking lots beside him discreetly but closely, looking for a stray citizen. The demon known as Dark had a one track mind at night: kill. Considering the fact that he's a literal shell of who he was prior to death, it's quite a sad fate. But oddly he took to the lifestyle quickly and grew a skill in killing in the name of evil. In a calmer state such as now, one could see remanence of chestnut brown in his eyes. Only they lacked any caring warmth and were now cold as ice.