82 // You Don't Make Sense to Me

How was he like that? One minute, he was this childish, completely immature guy, and the next, he's this serious, you-can-come-to-me-about-anything guy. You just didn't understand how he could switch his attitudes so quickly, and it not even be messy or lengthy.

"Hey, babe! I have a joke for you!" You sighed as you heard your boyfriend call from down the hall, rubbing your temple out of pure exhaustion. You didn't really want to hear his jokes, but you also didn't feel like yelling to tell him that you didn't have time for it. 

He walked into the bedroom the two of you shared, leaning against the doorframe and smiling. "Ready? Here we go! On a scale of one to ten, you're a- wait. That doesn't make any sense, nevermind. So, do you wanna go play tag? Or not, we don't have to- honey? What's wrong?"

His immediate switch in moods caught you off guard, and you almost laughed at it. "Oh, nothin' Markimoo. Just exhausted is all." He sighed and walked to you, plopping down on the bed beside you and pulled you into his lap, your back against his chest and his feet outlining your own. 

Snuggling into your neck, he whispered, "Don't worry, I'm right here. I know you're tired, so we'll do whatever you want to do. And if you want to relax, I'm up for some relaxation with you if we get to just cuddle."

You didn't understand how he could put up a front for so long, keeping his emotions buried deep inside. Maybe even too deep. You just couldn't comprehend how he could handle them boiling over the way he did.

Mark hadn't come out of the bedroom all morning, and you were starting to worry. He normally came out and walked through the background of your video or even plopped himself on the couch and helped you film it; he didn't, though. He stayed in the bedroom and wouldn't say anything to you – not even a good morning. You stopped the video you were recording, walking upstairs and knocking on the door.

"Marki? You okay, love?" Again, he didn't answer. You knocked again, wondering if he'd even move around; yet again, he didn't. Pressing your back against the door, you tried again, with the same result. 

Sliding down, you made yourself comfortable on the carpeted floor and began to hum a random tune stuck in your head. About five minutes later, you shifted your position and pressed your shoulder and hand against the door, rubbing it with your thumb.

"C'mon, Marki. Let me in, please? I won't go away until you do, you know." About that time, you heard some type of shuffling and got up when the door opened to reveal a teary-eyed, puffy-faced Mark. "Aw, baby," you wrapped your arms around his body, feeling him snuggle into your shoulder, wrapping his own arms around you. He then shut the door with his foot, starting to whimper into your neck as he tried to talk. "Shh, don't worry, I'm right here. It's okay, I'm right here."

Once the two of you were on the bed, your head on his chest and him running his fingers through your hair as he calmed down, he whispered, "I hate crying so much." 

You giggled, sitting up and kissing the remaining tears on his cheeks. "But guess what? Sometimes, to stay strong, you gotta let your walls fall, and you'll never be alone when you do; I'll always be right here. I love you."

Another thing you didn't understand were his sleeping positions. Depending on the night, he'd either sleep with his back facing you, then flip around and hang his arm loosely on your waist; other nights he'd just shove half of his face in the pillow, lay on his stomach and reach for your hand on the bed. Then there were the rare nights where he'd sleep on his back and never let you go as he slept – those were your personal favorites. You couldn't quite comprehend why he slept that way, I mean, it had to be uncomfortable, right?

You turned the lights off in your bedroom, joining Mark on his bed and watching the television while laying your head on his chest. His arm hooked around your neck, making one of his fingers dance across your cheek every time he ran his hand through your hair. You felt his breathing get more even as he fell asleep, his arm still tightly linked around your shoulders. You turned the television off and snuggled into his chest, knowing that it was going to be one of those nights that he didn't let you go.

Most of all, you couldn't understand the sheer amount of love he had for you. It was almost lost on you, but you were sure you still loved him more. The little playful banters you had with him about it were never settled, as they never ended between the two of you.

"I love you more than candy," you said, hearing him chuckle. Throwing his hands up, he huffed, 

"Candy can kiss my ass. I love you more than space, and I love that a lot. Hell, I even have a song about it!" 

Laughing, you fired back, "Oh yeah? Well, I love you to the center of the earth and back." 

He gave you a challenging look, raising his eyebrow, "Oh really? I love you to the moon and back – or better yet, to Neptune, then the sun and back!" 

You challenged him further, giving him a smirk, "Okay, okay, that's pretty good, but I bet I can top it; I love you to the center of the galaxy and back."

He let out a huff once again, looking away and shaking his head before looking at you again, "You think you can top me with that? Really, it's sweet, but I'll tell ya, I love you to the center of the universe and back. And the universe is infinite, so ha." 

Your eyes widened as you tried to come up with something to refute with, but thought of nothing on the spot. "Okay, fine. But can I say, no matter how much we love each other, I'll never stop loving you; ever." He smiled and placed his finger underneath your chin, leaning down and placing a soft kiss on your lips. 

"You win, my universe. You win."

───────────

so, hey guys. i know this update isn't coming out like the schedule, but i just felt like i needed to acknowledge you guys. you won't believe how eventful this week has been on my end, and with you guys to come by and get my profile 400 followers, and then back it up with giving this book 200K reads, it's just absolutely incredible. so, thank you guys. i love y'all so much, and i don't think i'd be around if it weren't for your never-ending support for everything i do.

so, anyway, thanks if you read that whole thing, and if you just skipped it, i completely understand; sappy author's notes aren't exactly the norm around these parts, but i had to get that out there. ANYWAY, i'll see y'all in the next part!

~pengui