10 // First Sight

Today was her first time going anywhere that had anything to do with him – other than her room, of course.

But, this time, she wasn't just going to see him on a screen, or in a little box in the left or right-hand corner of her laptop.

Even though she had never met the man, she had fallen in love with him. Some say that it's a love that she could never have, saying that he would never notice just her in a crowd of other people that tried way harder to impress the man. Others said that it could happen, but that it was a major 'IF'. Then, there was her subconscious and her dreams that told her it would happen, that she would be able to at least make real eye contact with him, and actually connect with him in some way.

Finally, she might be able to do just that. Talk to him, give him her gifts, make eye contact with him. Sure, that happens with everyone else, but to her, it just might do something for her – help her see that nothing is impossible.

She got to the front of the line, having a clear shot at the man she came here for. She gripped her gift for him, the gift saying, "Happy Birthday, Mark!" She felt her heart speed up a little at the sudden rush of seeing him alive, from the shoulders down, without complete focus on a game. She could hear him talking, his deep voice attacking her ears, even if it was just faintly.

He called her over, and she almost lost her balance and sanity at the sight of it. She walked with head down and hair in her face, her heart thumping loudly in her ears. When she finally got there, she looked up, amazing the man in front of her.

He had never seen anything quite like her. She had beautiful sparkling (e/c) eyes, and gorgeous (h/c) hair. He didn't know how to speak for a split second, completely mesmerized by her. Snapping out of his trance, he asked her name, getting Y/N in response. He marveled at the said name, much like he had done to her.

She handed him his gift, their hands brushing together for a split second before he turned around to put her gift up. When he turned back towards her, he opened his arms for hug, wanting to just hold her in them. She gladly accepted the embrace, her dreams finally coming true and her thoughts vacating her head.

The hug wasn't a quick one, but it went by too fast for the both of them. He let go, reluctantly, and gave her the most heart filled and bright smile he could muster.

Her heart fluttered at the smile, and smiled back, almost as big, and waved goodbye. She had to go, there were more people here to meet him, she couldn't just keep him to herself – not that she would mind.

And, to be honest, he wouldn't mind it, either.