57 // Maybe One Day

"Mark Edward Fischbach," the man I loved. The man I needed in my life. The man I talked to every day. The man that I always thought about. The man I've never met face-to-face.

We had always talked on Skype, always planned on meeting up, but, at the time, I had no money, and he was always so busy. But, I was going to change that. Yeah, I know, it's always the guy that does this type of thing, but I was going to turn the tables a little bit. Everything was planned out, all I had to do was get to L.A., have Ryan pick me up, and then I would surprise Mark.

It was something that had me excited, and now that the day was today, I had twice as many butterflies. A bubble-like sound distracted me from my thoughts, and I knew it was Mark Skyping me. At first, I wasn't sure what to do – I was sitting in the middle of an airport, with no way to cover my tracks. 

Acting cool, I answered, watching as his face appeared on the screen. He had a huge smile on his handsome features, making me giggle. With that sound, his smile only widened and his eyes started to turn into thin arches.

"Hey, sweetums," I greeted, using the same nickname he had used on me when we first started dating two-and-a-half years ago. 

"Hey, baby. How're─ wait, are you in an airport?" His smile was replaced with a smirk that gave the appearance of his confusion. 

"Yeah," I answered listening to the intercom call a plane. Luckily, it wasn't mine, so I continued to talk to Mark. 

"Why?"

I laughed, avoiding the subject by responding, "Why not? I don't have to explain myself to you." He shook his head and sighed, dropping it. 

"So, I was thinking," he started, causing me to let out a gasp. 

"You were thinking!? When's the world ending!?" He only laughed and continued.

"Yes, I know, big surprise, but I have been. What if we finally met up? I would love to be able to se-" Hearing the intercom sound and my plane get called filled me with excitement, and before Mark could finish, I interjected. 

"Sorry, Marki, I gotta go. Love you." I heard a sigh and a "Love you, too." before I hung up and headed toward my gate and into my L.A. flight.

⋇⋇⋇⋇⋇⋇⋇⋇⋇⋇⋇⋇

The plane flight didn't take long and before I knew it, I was going up to Ryan and giving him a small hug. "Nice to finally meet you," I greeted, getting a small smile and an equally small "You, too." The car ride to his house was short but long, and then we were there. We were at Mark's house. 

I was going to meet the love of my life. Ryan told me to go in before him, and then to Mark's room. It was nerve-racking as I went down the dimly lit hall, considering the sunset was too far gone to emit enough light through the windows.

Stopping at the door I was told was Mark's, I took a deep breath and turned the knob. Mark hadn't had headphones on like he usually did, so he heard me enter the room. At first, I was going to say hi, but when I saw him do a double-check, I figured I wouldn't be able to get it out.

Carefully, Mark got up, staring at me as he walked closer. His features really started to stand out as he got closer, with the way his mocha brown eyes filled with curiosity, and the way his golden skin was defined, or the way his lips were twitching, one end trying to smile while the other looked as if he were trying to get something, anything, out of his mouth, but he just wasn't capable. 

Deciding to speak up, I took in a short breath, "Hey, Marki." That was all it took, those two words and we were both done for.

Tears filled our eyes as we collided, hugging tight enough that there was no way we would get out of each other's arms. In the beginning, there weren't any words exchanged between the two of us, just the small sounds of our sniffles and whimpers, and the slight breaths we took. Mark was kissing my head, and I was snuggled into his chest. 

He was tall, compared to me, and no matter what, I never wanted to leave this embrace. When I started to pull away, it didn't seem like he was ready, because he just pulled me a little closer. I had no objection, mainly because I quite liked being in his arms; it was like security, love, and protection, all encased within one man. It was like he would rather die before I got hurt, or, if he didn't hold me, I would fade away or he would wake up.

Finally, we both pulled away from the rather silent hug, staring into each other's teary eyes. I was grateful for the fact that I could see his real eyes instead of these pixelated images. And, when he flashed me that first real smile, I couldn't help but place my hands on his neck and pull him closer to my lips. There was no hesitation coming from his side as his hands went down to my hips and our lips sealed together.

There was a spark, a rush of euphoria, and before we could really stop ourselves, we were kissing harder, taking slight steps back toward his bed. His hands didn't move until we were lying on his bed, him on top and me relishing in the feeling of his weight on me. Our lips were moving together in sync – as cliché as it might sound – his lips leaving mine for a few seconds to kiss my neck before coming back up to mine.

Both of us knew we had to stop before it went any further, but we just couldn't bring ourselves to do it. "Mark," I whispered, trying to hold in any type of sound as he started to nibble. 

"Y/n, you have no idea how long I've wanted to be able to do this to you. To be able to kiss you, hug you, say you're mine and be able to," he stopped and nibbled a little more on my neck, "prove it." I giggled, watching as his eyes lit up with this certain glint I would never be able to describe no matter how many times I saw it. 

"I'll always be yours, Mark. Don't ever question it," he raised his eyebrows in his silent way of asking how. "'Cos I love you. So much. No matter the distance."

"I love you too, y/n. No matter what."