79 // DOOM

yes. that is exactly what the title needs. caps. lOCK. YAY. okay, on to da story.. by the by, no spoilers on the game will be in this.

(pengui here got the game when it came out, and is already half way through the game. YAHYA)

-------------------------------------------------------------------

"Oh hell yeah!" You furiously tapped at each of the buttons on the PlayStation remote, getting the Glory Kills and such. Mark had his own copy on PC and had been recording it upstairs, so you were left to your's and the PS4. Making the necessary jumps for the game had you on the edge of your seat, desperately trying to keep poor DOOM Guy alive. 

About an hour later, Mark came down the stairs and watched as you continued your furious tapping, the headphones on your ears obviously keeping the rest of the world tuned out.

Mark didn't have to be quiet when he walked up to you and placed his hands on your shoulders just as a random enemy came out of nowhere. "Oh shit! God damn, how ya' doin' Lenny?" Mark laughed at the nickname you gave one of the bigger enemies, watching as you killed him and paused the game. T

urning back toward Mark, you giggled and did a little dance on the couch, "Oh my god! Marki, DOOM is SO much fun; how could it possibly be this fun!? My god, you just get lost in the world of demons and, wow."

Your eyes were wide and full of happiness as you stared up at him, his hands making their way to the sides of your face. You put yours over his before pulling them down, subsequently pulling his entire torso down to where you were practically nose to nose. "Thank you for getting it for me, baby," you whispered, kissing his lips. He laughed a little after you two broke the kiss, telling you you're welcome.

"Hey, babe," Mark called once he was in the kitchen for about five minutes. 

"Yeah? You didn't eat all of my cookies did you?" All but an eighth of your attention was on the game, the other said eighth focused on teasing Mark. 

"No, not this time. But, there isn't anything in the fridge or the cabinets, and I'm hungry and I think we should go get pizza. We should go get pizza. Let's definitely get pizza. I'll meet you in the car."

With each sentence he let out, you laughed a little harder before finally having to pause DOOM to take a breath. Standing up and walking out of the house, you did as Mark had predicted and met him in the car.

"Pizza?"

"Pizza."

────────

Back home, after eating all of the pizza, you and Mark decided to play the multiplayer part of DOOM, considering you'd just been playing the campaign since it came out. "Ah, no! That was my kill, you scrub!" Things had been going like that, those exact words, along with a few profanities when you died, being uttered every few moments.

Once you decided to call it a night – more like morning since it was 2:00 AM, you both sighed and fell back on the couch. Mark, going with a Mr. Slick attitude, slyly yawned and placed his arm around you while pulling you closer to his body. Giggling softly, you went with his antics and scooted closer, burying the side of your face in his chest. "I mrhh yuh," you mumbled, hearing him laugh when he actually comprehended what you said. 

"I love you, too, y/n. And I must say, you're the most badass fiancé I've ever had."

Lifting your face and looking at him, you narrowed your eyes, "You've had more than one fiancé, huh?" He went wide-eyed before laughing and shaking his head. 

"No, no, no! I've never asked anyone else to marry me before, I promise! It was hard enough trying to ask you with the stress of being rejected, that having asked someone else would only make it twice as hard." Cocking a brow, you tried to process everything that just tumbled out of his mouth. 

"What?"

"You are the only person I've ever asked to marry me," he clarified, realizing that he didn't make any sense to himself, either. "Damn, I need to find a better way to word." You both laughed again, which always seemed to be the highlight of the day; it was your release and your small epiphany upon realizing that life wasn't so hard when you had Mark around.

"You wanna play DOOM some more tomorrow?"

"Oh, hell yeah."