1.0

Willow-

I screwed up, twice. This is my last chance, to make someone proud of me, anyone. I just wish I could go home, where I grew up.
I put on a dark gray crop top, and black skinny jeans. I grab an apple and my keys off the counter. I hop on my motorcycle and speed off.
I get a lot of weird looks getting off my bike probably because I'm a girl on a motorcycle.

"What," I snap."Never seen a motorcycle."
I walk to the school doors and yell,"Take a picture it'll last longer!"
I head to the front office to get my schedule and books. On my way to my way to class, I bump into someone.

"Watch where you're going." I snap

"Do you know who you're talking to," a husky male voice snaps back. Great first day and I manage to bump into the school's bad boy, my luck.

I look up at him and smirk, I can tell he's shocked, showing no one's ever questioned him "Well since I'm new here I don't," then I just leave. I don't waste my time on him knowing he's probably fucked every girl in the school. The crowd surrounding us uproars with murmurs, as I stalk off towards my homeroom. In the background, I hear a snobby voice,"Hey babe who was that." I look back at him he pushes off the clingy girl off of him and walks away.

***

It's finally lunch thank God. I take out my brown sack full of snacks. As soon as I'm about to sit down someone calls out.

"Hey, new girl overhears," that guy I think I'll call him dickhead yells at me. I scoff without looking in his direction and walk out of the lunch room. I venture out only to stumble across the library. I proceed in there to find my favorite book, Afterworlds by Scott Westerfeld. After I find it, I sit down and start reading it for like the hundredth time while eating a peanut nature valley bar.

Someone taps me on the shoulder, "Excuse me." a feminine voice interrupts me.

I look at my page number then close the book and look up at her,"Yes."

"Um. I just wanted to say hi. I could tell you're new here so I just thought I'd welcome you to Ridgeview High."

I smile at her. It's very easy to tell she nervous, the stutter, the sweat on her hands, the uneasiness in her eyes, it's something most people wouldn't notice. But I'm not most people.

"What's your name?"

"Oh.. I'm Amber, Amber Rose."

"Willow." I reach my hand out. She shakes my hand and we continue to talk about random things. I can tell she's warming up to me she talks more relaxed, not as tense as before. Sadly lunch ends but before we part ways I stop her.

"Hey is it cool if I call you Flame," I call out

She laughs a flips her rust-colored hair around her shoulder," Yeah, sure." After that she left, leaving me alone with thousands of books. I put Afterworlds back where I found it and went to my next class, math.