Surprise!!!!!!!!!!

Start from the beginning

He didn’t stop until he found his dinosaur shirt. “I need shirt Mommy! I want nibbles! Pwease Mommy can I get nibbles?” He turned to face me with his shirt in his hand.

I rolled my eyes at him as I nodded. “Sure Alex. Get dressed and we will go get some nibbles.”

He jumped up and down and ran into the bathroom. He came back out a few seconds later with his shirt on. He wasn’t, however, wearing pants. “I ready!”

“No you are not ready Alex. You need to get some pants on.”

“No pants! Pants awe bad!”

I shook my head. “Alex, pants are good.” I grabbed a pair of his jeans and I walked over to him, which of course, he ran away from me. He ran back to the bed and hopped onto it. He started jumping up and down! “Alex, get over here and put your pants on!”

“No!” I scurried over to the bed. He plopped down and hopped up on the other bed. I chased after him again. Then he ran to the corner of the room. Before I could catch him, he hopped over the couch and ran back towards the beds.

“Alex come on! You need to get your pants on!” Just then, there was a knock on the door. I sighed and I set his pants down on the floor, and I walked over and opened the door. “Hey Mel.”

She giggled at me. “Are you guys ready?”

I started laughing.

“What? Is there something in my teeth or something?”

I rolled my eyes. “Mel, we’re not ready yet. Someone refuses to put pants on.”

She giggled and then barged into the room. She grabbed Alex’s jeans off the floor and she walked over to the end of the bed that he was jumping on. “Alex, will you please put these pants on? They look really nice on you.”

He paused for a second as he looked at Mel. “Okay, I will put dem on.” With another mild pout, he walked back to the bathroom and came out fully dressed. Now it was my turn.

“Thank you Alex.”

“Aunt Mew, can I pick da nibbles?”

She nodded at him while I grabbed clothes out of the suitcase. I headed into the bathroom to get changed and brush my teeth. After finishing my make-up, I headed back out into the room and I readied my purse.

We headed down the elevator to the lobby and we headed out to Mel’s bright pink limo waiting outside. I don’t know why she chose the color pink. I think it’s mainly because it suited her personality.

But as we got closer, the door opened. A tall handsome man with longish hair stepped out of the limo. Mel dropped her purse as I smile spread widely across her face. “JOHNNY!”

I knew this guy’s face, but it was hard to figure out who he was as Melina jumped onto him. He grabbed her legs and held her up as she hugged him and kissed him hard on the lips. I didn’t know she had a boyfriend.

After a minute or two, she finally hopped down to get her purse. She turned back to me. “Gem, this is John Hennigan.”

John Hennigan…. John Hennigan…. Where have I heard that name before? But before I could even respond, he took a step towards me.

“Wow, so you’re Gem? I’ve heard so many wonderful things about you. And I’ve been watching you on television. It’s nice to finally meet you!” He held out his hand and I handed him mine. I thought he was gonna give me a handshake, but he kissed my hand instead. I felt my cheeks starting to blush.

“Um, well hello John. I mean it’s nice to meet you too! Although, I really haven’t heard much about you.” I nervously chuckled. He glanced at Melina who stood there looking guilty.

“Sorry John, I just…never really felt the need to talk about you. I mean, I didn’t want to make anyone else jealous or anything.” He smiled at Melina who was trying to save her ass.

I chuckled again nervously. I threw my purse up on my shoulder and picked up Alex into my arms.

“And who’s this?” John asked trying to get a high five from Alex.

As Alex patted his hand with a smile on his face, I smiled too. “This is Alex. He’s my son.”

John removed his sunglasses and I could see his angelic face. “So this is THE Alex?”

I nodded.

“And Randy’s also the…”

I nodded before he finished. I didn’t want to hear the word.

“Okay, okay. I get it. Those kinds of issues are always irritating.”

I nodded again and smiled nervously. “So, do you know a lot about the WWE?”

Mel giggled. “Gem, this is John Hennigan! AKA: John Morrison. Don’t you remember? He was the partner I had years ago. We’ve been dating ever since.”

I shook my head as I closed my eyes. I couldn’t believe I didn’t remember something like that! “Wow, I am so sorry! I totally knew that! Really, I am so sorry!”

John laughed. “It’s okay Gem. Why don’t we get going? Lunch is on me today.”

Mel and I nodded as we headed to the open door. As people snapped pics of us all from the sidewalks, I set Alex down inside the vehicle as I climbed in myself. I sat with him in the far corner of the limo, and let Mel and John have the far back seats. We headed off to the mall in search of food and fancy dress-wear.

We returned back to the hotel and it was already 4 PM. It was time to start getting ready for the ceremony. It started at 8.

I had picked out a black sparkly dress. It was dazzled in jewels at the top as it faded down into a deep red tail. I picked out a pair of tall black stilettos as well. I got Alex a small black tux for tonight with a small red flower that matched the color of my dress. I was excited to dress him up in that and the small little shiny black shoes I got for him.

After fighting Alex I finally got him dressed. I was all dressed and had my hair done as well. It was 6:30 and we needed to get going. I checked my phone again to see if John called me. So far still nothing. I tried to call him but again he didn’t answer. I could feel the tears coming to my eyes. Why would he ask me but not show up?

Then I heard the door. There were only a couple knocks. I straightened out my dress before I headed towards the door. I took a deep breath, hoping to see my boyfriend standing on the other side, but he wasn’t. I opened the door and there was no one there. I looked down at my feet a saw a box of chocolates and a bouquet of roses. There was a note attached to it.

Gem,

I know I’ve hurt you a lot lately without being around, but I hope that you can forgive me. Meet me at the ball tonight on the balcony at 11 PM. I hope you say yes.

I’ve always loved you.

Say yes? I lifted the box of chocolates, and attached to the ribbon around it, was a large diamond ring. Tears came to my eyes. Did John really want to marry me?!

Of course I’ll say yes! I held back the tears. I couldn’t mess up my make-up. I went back into the room and set the chocolates down on the table. I adjusted the ring on my finger before going back to what I was doing. My emotions were high. I couldn’t wait for this banquet!