Part 7

"What was what about?" I questioned.

My hands started getting clammy but I didn't bother wiping them off.

"You know what I'm talking about Ashley, I'm not stupid." She said sounding a little hurt.

"It's nothing, it's not worth the conversation. CC was being a stupid drunk, and said some things that aren't true and wasn't worth the wasted breath honestly." I said sighing.

"If it was about me Ash, I would rather you told me what was said instead of keeping it a secret from me. If that's how you're going to be in a friendship then I'd rather just stay away. I've had too much said about me behind my back to my so-called "friends", I just want to know what the fuck's going on." Macie said, sounding like she's said too much to me.

I sighed and didn't say anything. It was quiet and I think it was a needed silence. I finally spoke up and didn't want to keep anything from her.

"CC said that your name sounded slutty and automatically assumed you were one of my usual sluts I get with. It really pissed me off so I retaliated, in a not so fashionably manner. I'm sorry if that makes you feel differently about him and me, but you do have to understand my past and see his side of the story. Which I shouldn't have acted out the way I did." I said staying focused on the road.

The rest of the car ride was silent. Which I didn't mind. The radio wasn't on so all you heard was the occasional deep breath from one of us and passing cars. I pulled in the driveway and turned the car off just sitting there.

"Are you going to get out or just sit there?" Macie said.

"Not sure yet. Just thinking over things I guess." I said not sure what I was doing.

I sat there for another couple of minutes and decided to get out. I went to my door and started unlocking it. Macie was about to get in her car when I started calling her name.

"Macie wait!" I shouted so she could hear me.

"Yeah?" She said.

"Do you wanna come in for a little bit, since we were supposed to be at the party..?" I said unsurely.

"Uh yeah I guess, if you want me to." She said, also sounding unsure.

I just nodded and ran a hand through my hair. When she started walking up the walkway I unlocked the door and held it open for her. She smiled and lightly chuckled as I followed her in. I closed the door and took my boots off by the door. I stood in my foyer with my back against the door, shaking my head at the argument CC and I had. I really did overreact and I need to apologize to him.

"Nice place." Macie said, startling me.

"Oh thanks," I chuckled, "there's a few things that need some work done but other than that it's given me shelter and that's all I need." I said smiling and scratching the back of my neck.

"Well, where's the living room so I can sit down.?" She said more of a question.

"Oh let me show you." I said and walked through the doorway that was right in front of us.

After I showed her where the living room was I gave her the tv remote and told her to put on whatever she wanted. She just smiled and hesitantly took the remote.

"Would you like anything to drink?" I said.

"Uhm what do you have?" She asked.

"I have water, milk, soda; coke products, some wine, whiskey, alcoholic root beer, anything alcoholic basically." I said with a chuckle.

"Can I get the root beer?" She said blushing a little.

"Of course, I'll be right back!" I said flashing a smile.

I walked into the kitchen and grabbed a couple bottles of the root beer and walked back to the living room. As soon as I looked in the living room I saw Tokyo curled up in Macie's lap. I smiled and continued to walk towards the couch.

"Hey." I said scaring Tokyo and Macie.

"Oh hey." She said cheerfully.

"Here's your drink, madam." I said, giving her her drink and bowing.

"Thank you, kind sir." She said laughing.

We spent a couple minutes laughing and taking a couple sips from our drinks.

"You do realize, now that you've had some alcohol I'm not letting you drive home, right?" I said.

"No I didn't realize that, but if that's what you want, then sure." She said.

"I just don't want anyone getting hurt, especially you." I said blushing a little.

"Aww how sweet of you." She said lightly punching my arm.

I pouted playfully and she kissed my puckered lip and quickly pulled back.

"What?" I said touching my bottom lip.

"Uhm..... it's uh nothing..." she said bashfully, looking away.

I grunted to myself and decided to leave it alone. I leaned back in the couch and put my arm along the back of the couch. Macie just looked at me and leaned in a little more. I smiled and took another sip of my root beer watching the tv. Macie started falling asleep so I picked her up and brought her to the guest room.

"Thanks." She mumbled.

"No problem." I said smiling.

I flipped the light off and walked out of the room, leaving the door open a crack.

"Ash." I heard her say.

"Hmm?" I said stopping where I was.

"Can you sleep in here with me, I feel uncomfortable." She said.

"Of course, I'm gonna change into some sweats real quick and then I'll be back." I said, starting towards my room again.

I quickly changed to sweats and took my shirt off and walked back to the room. I saw Macie laying there on her phone under the covers. I knocked on the door as I walked in and she looked up at me.

"Hey." She said.

"Hello." I said climbing in the bed.

She turned so she was looking at me and wrapped an arm around my waist. This was perfect. She laid her head on my chest and closed her eyes, almost immediately falling asleep. I just smiled and closed my eyes, also falling asleep.