Part 3

The next morning I woke up on the couch and CC was on the floor. I must have fallen asleep after I sent that DM. I rubbed my eyes and rolled off the couch and went to the kitchen. I grabbed the dogs' bowls and filled them with food and set them back down on the floor. They quickly came and ate their food. I opened the back door for when they were done eating and went back to the living room.

I sat down on the couch and looked at the cups and plates and got hungry. I grabbed the dishes and walked into the kitchen and put them in the sink. I woke CC up and told him I was going to the store to get a few things for breakfast and some drinks.

He sighed and sat up rubbing his eyes and then standing up. Tokyo and Killer came running in yapping away at each other like crazy and jumping up on the couch.

"You gonna come with me CC or are you gonna stay or go home?" I asked

"I think I'm gonna go home and see my own dogs as well, man." He said

"Alright well I'm leaving now, you can wait and stay for a bit. Uh you know where the spare key is to lock up and yeah. I should be back soon I guess." I said scratching the back of my head.

I turned around and walked out the door and got in my car.

---------- skipping car ride to the store ----------
"Okay..." I said to myself.

I walked around a little bit grabbing the stuff that's needed, like bread eggs milk and all that shit. Then I went down the isles and grabbed extra things like cookies, chips, ice cream, ya know.

I walked around a little more, and had a cart full of food and drinks by the time I was done. I got to the check out and was about to pay when someone started talking to me.

"Are you Ashley Purdy? Like THE Ashley Purdy?" She asked.

"Uh, yeah. Why?" I asked looking around to see who was talking to me, and who I was talking to.

She then started talking to me again and I realized it was the cashier.

"I'm Macie, you sent me a direct message on Instagram last night....... And followed me haha." She said, a slight blush creeping up her neck.

"Oh, hi! How are you?" I said, shocked and for some reason.... Happy?

"I'm good! Hey, I'm on the clock right now and aren't supposed to be talking to anyone really.. Do you mind exchanging numbers and I can text you when I go on break?" She asked nervously.

"Uh yeah! Of course. Let me see your phone and I can put in my number real quick." I said hesitantly.

She quickly handed me her phone and I typed my number in and handed her phone back to her. I said bye to her and walked out to my car to put my groceries in the trunk and go home.

--------- skipping car ride back home ---------
I walked up to the front door with bags of food and checked to see if the door was locked and, of course, it was. I pulled my keys out and unlocked the door and made two or three trips to the car to bring stuff in the house. I checked my phone and saw I had a text from an unknown number.

Unknown number- Hey Ashley, it's Macie I'm on break for an hour or so, so I thought I'd text you :)

I smiled and texted back

Me- Hey Macie how much longer of a break do you have? Sorry I just finished putting my groceries away and hadn't looked at my phone

I set my phone back down and made a sandwich and grabbed a drink. I looked over at my dogs and they were fast asleep, I love them so much. I'd be insane without them. Next thing you know, my phone buzzed and caused me to jump a little, snapping me out of my thoughts. I grabbed my phone and saw it was from Andy.

Andy- hey dude I'm throwing a welcome home party from our tour, you coming?

I bit my lip and thought for a couple minutes.

Me- I'll be there, I may have a friend with me if that's cool

Then Macie texted me back.

Macie- I'm on break for another 10 minutes or so.

Me- Cool :) what are you doing tonight?

After that there was no response.... Great...