Ch. 26

Dmitri didn't want to let any of it go. It was his fault for getting involved with the council because he didn't know what would have happened down the road, since his parents died and he didn't know the way back to Sasha's house at the time. He had tears streaming down his face, tear stains on his cheeks, and his shirt was soaked. He didn't mean any harm to Sasha but to be with her. To his acknowledge, he knew that it wouldn't be allowed, let alone be acceptable to the council to let it go down the drain. The king found what he was wanting and appeared right in front of Dmitri.

"You did good, boy. You did good." the king said as he patted Dmitri's shoulder. Dmitri couldn't look up because he never felt so idiotic for snitching on the council like that before.

**************************************

Back at Anwen's house, Sasha cried in Kyle's chest because she knew why the council wanted her dead. She wanted to kill herself so it could be over with but second thought it through and decided that it wouldn't be the best option to do. She didn't want Kyle to be grieving over her anymore.

"Hush, baby, hush; it will be okay. He didn't know what was going to happen. It wasn't his fault." Kyle said to Sasha so she could calm down. Brett paced back and forth trying to figure out what to do now while John was admiring Anwen's fine china.

"Why don't we go to our house for tea? We have a very nice house. Maybe John would be kind enough to give you a tour of it." Alexa said to Anwen as Kyle shook his head.

"No, thank you. We need to stay here. It's safer here in the Elf Kingdom." Kyle said as John vanished and came back with a bow and arrow from the past.

"Where did you get that?" Brett asked John as he looked at the bow. Alexa looked at John with disappointment. John looked down at the floor with sorrow.

""I'm sorry, honey. I forgot that they don't know what we really are." John said to Alexa. Sasha looked up at John as Kyle rocked her back and forth to soothe down her crying.

"What are you talking about? You're a satyr." Kyle said as John looked at Alexa who was getting a little mad.

"I'm not just a satyr." John said as Alexa shook her head, pleading him not to give their secret away,

"Honey, please don't." Alexa begged John but he didn't want to listen to her right then.

"Then what are you?" Kyle asked as he stood up with Sasha. Brett crossed his arms.

"I'm an immortal time-traveling satyr. My wife, Alexa, is an immortal angel elf." John said and Alexa looked at him with anger for blowing their cover. Kyle looked at John with the bow in his hands as he practiced aiming and shooting without an arrow. Sasha looked at Kyle to see what he was thinking about.

"That explains so much." Brett said to John. Alexa turned her head away because she was really angry about John giving out their secret that they kept away from everybody for years. John walked up to Alexa and wrapped his arms around her. Kyle was still confused by the time it was all said and done. Sasha understood what was being said because she was in the same boat.