Ch. 12

"Okay, so it's settled. I am coming along for the journey. When do we leave?" Dmitri asked as Kyle walked in into the room. Kyle had a friend with him but Brendon recognized who she was; the elf was Anwen. She had real short red hair with a dress that a fairy would wear. She had brown eyes, a tattoo of a trinity, and came up to Kyle's stomach.

"We are leaving right now." Kyle said as he saw the demon holding Sasha's hand. He didn't like that too much because he walked up to Dmitri without hearing the whole story and shoved him off Sasha.

"Kyle, what's gotten into you? He's my childhood best friend before I met you and before he abandoned me." Sasha said to Kyle. Dmitri and Kyle saw the hurt in her eyes. Dmitri tried to comfort her but Kyle wasn't going to have that happen anytime soon.

"Sash, you knew that I didn't want to leave you but I had no choice. My parents were moving to another place in the forest and they wouldn't let me stay with you." Dmitri said as Sasha hugged him then took Kyle's hand.

"I know, Dimi; but I wished that you didn't have to leave me. I hated my life a lot more than when I had you." Sasha said. Kyle looked at Dmitri's reaction. Dmitri's eyes were about ready to have tears rolling down his face because he realized that he could never take Kyle's place in Sasha's heart. Sasha put the puzzle pieces together in her mind, then she knew why Dmitri was heartbroken.

"Dimi, you know that no one could take your place in my heart. You will always have a special place in my heart. No matter who it is, you will always be my childhood best friend and my best friend." Sasha said as she walked over to Dmitri and hugged him tight in her arms. Kyle was getting jealous again and Dmitri saw that Kyle's head was about ready to explode. So, he stuck his tongue out at Kyle.

"Alright, we are going to split up into two groups. Sasha, Dmitri, and Kyle; you guys are with me. Elizabeth, Paige, and Brendon; you guys go with Vivien." Brett said and Kyle didn't like the fact that he got to be around Dmitri 24/7. Sasha was very excited that she got to spend 24/7 with her two best friends along with Brett. She didn't have to worry about Elizabeth one bit.

"Alright, let's get going." Brett said. Kyle forgot about Anwen once they separated the group in half.

"What about Anwen, Brett?" Kyle asked, "She's with me." Sasha looked at him with a little bit of jealousy but she was lucky to have Dmitri because she also loved him but not as much as Kyle. Dmitri took Sasha's hand and they ran out the door. Sasha knew what Dmitri was doing but didn't really care anyway. Dmitri wrapped his arms around her and pulled her close.

'Please kiss me, Sasha because I have been waiting for you for my whole life.' Dmitri was thinking to himself. Sasha didn't know what to think because she knew Kyle would be really mad to catch her kissing Dmitri but then again, she could hear Dmitri's thoughts better than she could hear Kyle's thoughts when they weren't transformed into werewolves. She couldn't resist Dmitri's warm embrace and the way that he looked at her when he thought that. So, she leaned into Dmitri's face to kiss him. Dmitri kissed her just when the rest of their small group walked out into the hallway.

"Let's get the show on the road, guys. We need to go to the elf kingdom. The rest of the group is going to the dwarf kingdom to get help from them." Brett said to the kissing best friends. Kyle was about ready to kill Dmitri there and now but he decided that it would be best if he could keep his anger. The kissing best friends finally broke it apart.

"You keep your filthy lips away from her." Kyle said to Dmitri and Sasha knew that Kyle was mad just as Dmitri was scared.

"She kissed me, man. Don't blame the whole thing on me. I'm innocent." Dmitri said immediately. Sasha sighed as the blame came all over to her.

"Is that true, Sasha? Did you really kiss him first?" Kyle said with fists by his side. Sasha knew that he was very mad and wanted to kill Dmitri now.

"Yes, it is true Kyle. It doesn't matter, you have Anwen and you made it perfectly clear a minute ago." Sasha said to Kyle. Dmitri held her close to him. Sasha clung on to Dmitri like a little girl clung onto her dad preventing him from leaving for work. Kyle walked away as they were walking out of the tower.

"We are heading out. Please, let's not have any drama on our journey to the Elf Kingdom. It makes it easier for the spies to tell the council so they can easily turn one of us against each other and so on with the same technique." Brett said to everyone in their group as they walked into the forest and headed up north.