Ch. 18

Sasha hugged Dmitri to show him that it will be alright. He wrapped his arms around her and held her tight. She wasn't gonna lose him anymore and she wanted him to know that. Brett shoved the time-traveling satyr away from Anwen. Anwen tried to stop him but he didn't listen.

"Who are you?" Brett asked the satyr. The satyr looked at him then at Anwen.

"My lady, it's John." the satyr said as he bowed at Anwen but soon realized that he was bowing at Sasha not Anwen. So he turned his attention to Brett.

"What are you doing here, John? Shouldn't you be with your wife?" a female voice said from behind a tree. John realized that it wasn't just a female but it was his wife's voice.

"I'm coming dearie." John said as he ran towards the tree. Brett thought that he would return but John disappeared out of nowhere.

"Let's keep going, shall we?" Brett asked & everyone nodded. They kept on their journey to the elf kingdom.

***************************************************************************

After Kyle ran away from the group; he didn't stop finding people to help Sasha keep her life. His next stop was the home of the Guardians, New Logan. It was across the river up north. He already got the pirates to help but they would only help if the Guardians would help also. His long journey depended on getting support without everyone with him.

It took him four hours to reach New Logan. Once he got to town, he was soon stopped by the Cyclops that was guarding the Guardians' castle.

"Who goes there?" said the Cyclops and Kyle stayed still for a moment then kept moving trying not to make any sudden movements. He carefully moved forward and a rock kicked out from under his foot. The Cyclops looked directly where Kyle was standing and took a step forward. Kyle held his breath and didn't make a single noise or movement. He wanted the Cyclops to go back to its post but then again, he wanted it to know that he was friendly. So, Kyle transformed into a human and stepped forward to let the Cyclops barely see him.

"Kyle, is that you?" the Cyclops said and Kyle recognized who was talking to him. It was Oscar Underwood. He revealed himself and Oscar looked surprised.

"Yes Oscar, it's me. I came all this way to see if the Guardians will help me with a situation with the council. It's about the last angel werewolf. The council is gonna kill her once they get their hands on her. I've already asked the pirates to help but they will only help if the Guardians will." Kyle said to Oscar. Oscar gritted and spitted on the ground. Kyle sighed because he knew that he was getting nowhere. He thought what the group accomplished since he left them in the middle of their journey to the Elf kingdom.

************************************************************************

Anwen was worried about Kyle and didn't want to go on without him. Dmitri kept Sasha close to his side. Brett moved the group to keep walking forward to reach their destination. They went forward but Sasha looked back to see if Kyle would return. Dmitri looked at her and kissed her cheek.

"Hey, it'll be alright; I promise that it will, Sasha." Dmitri said to her. She looked at him like she was ready to cry. He begged her not to cry with his loving eyes but it didn't work. A tear escaped her eyes as his expression turned into sorrow.

"Baby, please don't cry; please don't. It kills me to see you this way." Dmitri begged her as he wiped her tears. She hugged him tight as she tried to get ahold of herself.

"I'm sorry, Dimi. Really, I am very sorry. I just can't believe that he walked away from me after everything that happened in the last three days. He had no right to give up on me like that." Sasha said to Dmitri and Brett overheard her talking about Kyle. He walked over to them and crossed his arms.

"He gave up on you because of your engagement. He said that it wasn't his problem anymore and that he couldn't compete with Dmitri to win you. Did you know that Kyle was gonna ask you that exact same question you asked Dmitri? He wanted it to be special but you just tore his world apart. You made him not care about you. So, you think about that for a while." Brett said to Sasha then he walked away leaving her feeling guilty for what she did to Kyle. Dmitri looked at her with sorrow in his eyes.

"I-I can't believe it. It's my fault that he gave up on me. After everything, he had enough and left us; left me." Sasha said as she kicked the nearby tree. Dmitri held her close to him so she couldn't harm herself. He only knew about her arm but not her legs. She looked at him and grabbed his hand as she led him away from the group.

"Where are we going, Sash?" Dmitri asked her. He didn't know what she would do once they were alone. She shook her head to avoid the question then stopped twenty feet away from the group.

"I need to show you something. I don't know how you would react." Sasha said to him as she faced the tree ahead of them. Dmitri touched her shoulders.

"It's alright, baby. You can show me; I'm here for you and you know that." Dmitri said to her. She pulled down her jeans. She had shorts underneath but not enough to cover her scars then she turned around to face him. Her facial expression was filled with concern and worry.