Chapter 23 - The End

Unknown POV

Just as I'm about to run after Liam I catch hold of a girl, her drink goes flying all over me, "You little bitch!" I yell in frustration. Honestly, she really didn't do anything wrong I'm just overly frustrated with everything and this just topped it off.

Her doe-like eye's glow up at me as I shout. Fear oozes out of her amber eyes. Without an apology, I rip out of her hold and run the way Liam went. Rushing through many hallways I realise that I've lost him, but just as I'm about to head over to the cafeteria, I see something, something odd, out of place, strange.

Yes, folks, I see a specific brunette resting on top of a specific ginger with their lips locked. Gasping in horror red fills my vision. My Liam is kissing that bitch Lively, what the actual hell! Steaming, I stomp outside towards the couple laying on the damp grass.

"What do you think you're doing?" Rage flows fluently through my throat and out my lips as I scream in anger, how dear the little bitch kiss my man. They both stare at me with bewildered looks, lips swollen and eyes wide in shock. 

"I'm waiting," I state coldly to them whilst tapping my foot and crossing my arms in an angry pose. Lively gets up ignoring the evil eye I'm sending her way. She dusts the imaginary particles off her pastel pink skirt, turning towards me with an eyebrow raised.

"I don't see how it's any of your business." She states stoically, gasping in shock, I look to see Liam staring at her with loved-filled eyes. With a snort of disgust, my feet stomp me towards the closes bathroom. Tears brimming in my eyes. 

She doesn't understand that everything she does and has done since she got here is killing me inside. She doesn't realise that her actions have an effect on me, she just doesn't understand me. No one does.

All they see is a popular, skin deep, arrogant, slut. Nothing about me is authentic to anyone, none of my friend's care, if I'm hurting all they want to talk about, is themselves. All I've ever wanted was to be loved by someone other than my sister, someone who could give me the life I always dreamed of.

That's why I'm so protective of Liam, I love him, but he doesn't love me back and that thought kills me inside. It really does. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lively POV

"Erm..." I grunt, trying to ease the tension. Liam just rubs the back of his head as he looks to the side of my head. "Uh..." I carry on trying to think of something to say. "Listen Liv. I like you a lot. and I know I shouldn't have kissed you without permission but...I...just..." I cut him off by pecking his soft lips. 

"Liam, I like you....a lot. But right now I really don't need a boyfriend." I tell him with pitiful eyes. His look of happiness slowly disappears with a look of pain. I just rejected him...How was he meant to feel? 

"I get it...I'll just see you around then," I tried to offer him a small smile but he just turned and ran off. Ugh! I can never win with this guy. Sighing in defeat, I scurry off in the direction Nina went. I just want to see if she's alright.

"Nina?" I call out, but to be greeted with no reply. Grunting, I head towards the girl's restrooms. "Nina, you in here?" I question, sobs greet me. "Nina, come out." I plead with her. 

Suddenly, one of the cubicle doors slide open and Nina slips out of it, her strawberry blonde hair shading her face. "Nina, what's wrong?" I whisper to her. Her head flicks up and I'm greeted with her swollen eyes and tear-stained cheeks. 

"Like you don't know!" She accuses. Startled, I jolt back. "Nina, calm down. I don't know," I try to tell her, but the fires have been ignited and she throws her hands in the air. "Stop acting so innocent!"