Chapter 16 - Makeup Dilemma

As I sit down in the hardwood chair of the tiny classroom, I whip out my math textbook and a mint coloured pencil case. I can feel a pair of irritating eyes slicing up the side of my face. I turn to look at the person sitting next to me, but no one's there. I float my eyes around the classroom, stopping when my eye's reach the window and I see my reflection.

Gasping I haul myself out of my chair and dash out of the classroom, shielding my face with my browny golden hair. I speed down the empty halls towards the bathroom, basically throwing myself through the door. When my body enters the bathroom I look around to check if the coast is clear, Luckily it is.

I quickly migrate towards the mirror, sprawled along the far wall of the toilet room. I flick my supposedly masked orbs up to see a girl with crystal clear, blue, eyes and patchy skin. My skin colour is ranging from various shades of peach white to a rosy red where the foundations rubbed off from my cheeks. 

AN 07.09.2021 this don't seem ok. It used to say from a peach white to a mocha tan colour... 

Shit!

Panic takes over my body and I start to flail my arms around like a headless chicken. Making a bunch of weird grunting noises I start to run one of the taps in the bathroom so I can wash all of the patchy foundation off. Steadily, I dip my head towards the basin and rub the cool water on my mixed-up face.

After a good four minutes, I raise my head back up and pat my face and neck with a paper towel. Once I'm finished I turn around and slowly walk towards the door when I catch a bright pink pump underneath one of the stalls. Cautiously, I slip towards the occupied stall.

"Hello? Is somebody in there?" I squeak out, whilst pushing the sickly, pale, toilet stall door open. As soon as a faint bang is made my pale eyes scroll up to find a pair of coal coloured eyes, staring at me in horror. "A-amelia?" I stutter. The brunette's face explodes into curiosity.

"Lively? What are you doing here?" She mumbles out in awe, "I swear I just saw Everlie washing her face, a second ago-... Wait!" A look of conclusion graces her soft features, "You're Everlie....but you're not," her eye's slide over my appearance then back to my face.

I feel as if my body has gone into major panic mode, as my breath picks up and my eyes sink back in horror. "Amelia..." I finally breathe out, "Please, don't tell anyone. Please..." I beg for her word. Slowly a sly look flashes onto Amelia's face. "Explain to me why you're here and I'll see if you're worthy of my word," she smirks in a pure evil way.

Taking a deep breath I rush out my entire story, once I finish she shakes her head and walks out of the bathroom...

 I'm in deep shit.

Nice one, Liv. Nice one.

I steadily start to walk back towards a wall and slide down melodramatically. Letting out a sigh I drop my head into my hands.