Chapter 14 - Happily Ever After

Drops of ice stream down my face. Clear electric burns distancing themselves from the tsunami's going on in my eyes, along with the crying sky's my eyes create their own rain. He actually told me that. Every flipping time.

He must have magical powers or something because every time he brings that topic up I become a huge mess. His words cut deeper than any knife could. Cold but yet hot burns are what that knife left, I know they say words can hurt just as bad as actions but yet this seems like torture, like a grand piano and an elephant has been dropped onto my shoulders.

Staggering breaths struggle to escape my mouth as the salty tears resume leaving paths down my sickly coloured skin. Many sobs and wails fall out my mouth as well. I had been holding this wall up for so long, I've been hiding my emotional scars, battles, bullies, gold diggers, cheaters, ex-boyfriends, anxiety, depression, and suicidal thoughts. They all had to eat me up at the same time, that's what you get when you don't talk to anyone.

Your problems just build up like the pile of clothes on your bedroom floor till you can't even see the floor and you start pushing everything aside or stuffing them in your dresser. Eventually, you have to clean that closet out and put everything in place, I've been stalling that day for so long but I knew it'd all come out one day. 

Today just had to be that day.

I watch as the rain hits the road and cars gliding along with it. I watch the people rushing to get to shelter before they catch a cold, I watch children jumping in and out of puddles with their mother's scolding them and their father's chuckling to themselves while staring at their creation's in glee. I stare at the children in envy. Sure I wish my father was still alive to see how my life would've been, but I don't miss him. I never really knew him, no emotional connection. Nothing.

Pretty sadistic I know, but how do you miss something you never met? You can't. I don't usually get emotional over him, sometimes I'll have a cry and doubt myself but I'd never do that in public. Once I did but I was feeling pretty lousy that day.

I'm pretty sure I look like a creep just sitting here in the rain watching people pass by, but do I look like I care, no.

A slow devious chuckle escapes my lips as I shake my head at myself. I'm such an idiot, I built these walls for a reason and right now I'm just letting them fall because Liam said something to me? Pathetic. Lively Teresa Adams, you pathetic piece of shit. Pick yourself up and turn that frown into a smirk. You are a strong person. 

Because you are not bronze, nor silver. You are golden and golden people deserve better. You will not burn like they say you will. You will light the fire and come out as the firefighter. Not the person who gets severely injured to the point where they wish death could just eat them up. Nope, because you are golden.

Standing up I pull on a dead serious face. My eyes grow to a cold, electric, blue, my tears stop and fury consumes my eyes. No way is that little fucker opening my wounds that fast. 

~ 45 M I N U T E S E A R L I E R ~

Liam leans down and grabs my hand. He starts to pull me out of the lounging room into a secluded corridor, "What do you want?" He's taken back by the venom in my voice. You see I knew it was all an act, he'd never be so kind randomly. Slowly a smirk covers up his surprised look and I just know I'm in for a beating.

"I fucking know your secret," well shit, this better not be what I think it is. Keeping my poker face on I raise my eyebrow, feigning confusion. "Cut the crap Lively. You can't pretend like this forever," his monkey face morphs into a deadly serious look and in response, I turn on my heel and start to walk away. But to no avail, because he grips on my slim wrist pulling me to a halt.