Chapter21 What?!

{Paige}

I had just stepped out of the shower and wrapped myself in a towel and stood their for a few minutes freezing to death. Finally I got dressed, fixed my hair, put on a bit of eyeliner and some conseler for my acne that has cleared up a lot and went to the living room, oh yeah, forgot to mention I'm in the Curtis household. Anyways I went to the living room to find Darry on the phone.

"We'll be right there!" He scream/said into the phone.

"What's going on, we'll be right where?" I asked confused.

"Kat woke up!" He said overjoyed.

"WHAT?! OMG REALLY?!"

"Yes Pony just said so, c'mon hurry let's go we have to see her!" He yelled and everyone got up and ran to the truck.

~~~~~Time Elapse~~~~~

We got there as fast as we could and ran up to her room.

"Guys guys guys wait, before you go in there is something you should know," Ponyboy said as we got to the room.

"What is it?" Frankie asked impatiently.

"She has amnesia, she doesn't remember anything." He said sadly.

Suddenly, my heart broke. My sister wasn't going to remember me o-or dad or Jack or anyone, anyone that was important to her is now just poof, gone out of her memory. What if her memory never comes back?

We stepped into her room and the doctor was in there doing whatever it is doctors do.

"Doc, does she remember anything at all?" I asked barley audible, but he still heard me.

"Well, I asked her what the last thing she remembered was, and she said that it was Mason attacking her. I thought it was a good sign, until she asked why she felt no pain in her leg, I had asked her what she meant and she said that he had cut deeply into her leg. She began to freak out as she though we replaced her leg with an artificial one. I explained to her that she didn't have to worry, but that that wasn't the last thing that happened, I told her and she looked at me confused before peering at her stomach. I explained everything that happens but she doesn't remember any of it. Tell me, how long ago was it Mason had attacked her last?" he explained.

"Last year," Me, Jackson, and the girls did, our voices cracking.

"I'm sorry, I don't know whether or not she will regain her memory, but you must hope for the best." He said before leaving.

We turned to the gang.

"She's not going to remember you guys," Frankie said sadness apparent in her voice. As I looked at the boys, they had tears brimming their eyes, even Dallas, and that's what broke my heart was the fact that even he, the bad boy, the one who never cries, the toughy, was even almost to tears. I think everyone else noticed it because soon we were all in a group hug around Dallas as everyone cried.

We finally stopped after 30 minutes and turned to Kathy who had a confused look on her face that also said,"What the fucks wrong with you and who are those guys?"

Great. She doesn't remember the gang.

"Hey Kat, don't you remember these guys?" I asked her slowly.

"Uhm, I've never seen them before in my life," she said in a duh tone.

Ponyboy started crying and had to run out of the room.

"Okay, well these are our friends, we're part of their gang, have been since we moved to Tulsa, oh wait, you don't remember that either, uhm, how about I catch you up on everything." I said. She nodded in agreement.

I told her everything from mom and dad's divorce to right now.

"So, Mason attacked me twice?!" She screamed.

"Uhm well yeah, you left the house without telling anyone and he was around the neighborhood and followed you until he knew no one was around and chased you into the woods, and that boy that ran out of here crying, was your boyfriend, it hurt him so bad knowing you couldn't remember him." I told her calmly.

"I'm sorry I don't remember him, I can't necessarily help it."

"Yeah but we could try to help you regain your memory."

"Okay."