Chapter16 Did you really mean it?

{Ponyboy}

Today was the day I was going to ask her. I really need to know if she meant what she said to Two-Bit. I really like Kathy and I hope she likes me too and just lied to him.

I was walking over to her house to see if she wants to go for a walk.

I knocked on her door an her dad answered.

"Who are you?" He asked.

"I-I'm Ponyboy, I'm in your daughters' gang," I replied nervously.

"Which one are you here for?"

"K-Kathy."

"KATHY! THERE'S A BOY AT THE DOOR FOR YOU!" He yelled for her.

"COMING!" She yelled from a distance. She came down the stairs in Chip and Dale pajamas. I guess she just woke up. "Oh, h-hey Ponyboy," she said waving at me.

"I came by to see if you wanted to go for a walk." I said.

"Sure let me just do something," she said running back up the stairs. I thought she was gonna change but she came back down and the only thing different was that she was wearing Tigger house shoes. His head came up and bobbled as she walked and on the back was a tail.

"You are very unique," I said laughing.

"Yeah, but that's just me being weird, I did this in Kentucky at my cousin's house before, me, Paige and Sara went walking with Sara's mom, dad and their friend so we decided to be weirdos and look goofy, I wore this Sara wore a Cookie Monster tee grey shorts and boots that were furry inside and out, also the inside was zebra printed, Paige wore a black shirt that said 'Little Black Tee' jean shorts that had two different kinds of nail polish on them toe socks and flip flops, and we all had cat whiskers and noses, Sara and Paige had two band aids that were crossed I was gonna wear one but before we started walking it fell off," she said smiling. It was cute how she said zebra, she pronounced it like 'zeh-brah' I think Dan Howell pronounces it like that too. "Anyways, ready to go?"

"Oh, uh, yeah. Sorry. I was just thinking."

"What about?"

"Uh, you'll find out later."

She didn't say anything just walked up to me and we left.

We walked to the park and the sun was setting. I decided that this was a perfect chance to ask.

"So uhm, Kathy, about the other day, did you really mean what you said to Two-Bit?" I asked trying to hide the nervousness in my voice.

"Well, that depends. Which day was it?" She asked.

"The day when everyone found out about Two-Bit and Monica."

"Oh, so you mean when I said that me and you would be nothing more than just friends. Uh, no, I didn't really mean that, I uh, I really like you and uhm, I have always thought that you wanted to just be friends," she said looking down.

"You thought wrong," I replied which caused her to look at me. "I uh, I like you too, ever since we met, and when I got to know you, it made me like you more."

She smiled and said,"Really? I've liked you since we first met too!" She squealed and then turned a bright shade of red realizing what she had done. I chuckled at her before she added,"I guess love at first sight isn't a myth." After she said that she kissed me. I was shocked at first but then I realized what was going on and I kissed back when she was about to pull away.

{Kathy}

"You thought wrong," he said and I jerked my head up and looked at him. "I uh, I like you too, ever since we first met, and when I got to know you, it made me like you more."

"Really? I've liked you since we first met too!" I hadn't realized I squeaked until a minute after I did. I guess I got red because be laughed a bit. "I guess love at first sight isn't a myth," I added before I leaned in to kiss him. I guess it may have shocked him cause he did t kiss back until I wen to pull away. My stomach fluttered with butterfly's. I smiled as we pulled away.

Best. Day. Ever!