Chapter6 School part2

{Kathy}

I woke up the next morning thrilled to read my poem to the class. I quickly got up and took a shower and put on my tight pink Aéropostal shirt that says,"SPARKLE SHIMMER GLITTER SHINE" on it and my light blue jeans that are tight around my thighs and loose around my waist. I wore my Adidas ball shoes. I decided to put on a light shade of pink eyeshadow I touch of eyeliner and a bit of mascara. I got my poem and stuff and ran down stairs. 

"Hey Kat, why in such a rush," dad asked as I came in grabbed some toast and a glass of milk. 

"Just excited to get to school is all," I said as I took a gulp of my milk. 

"Wow, I never thought I'd hear you say that," Jack said putting his bowl in the sink. 

"Shut your trap," I joked and playfully punched his arm. 

"Alright kids I think it's time for ya to get to school, do you want me to drive you?" Dad asked the three of us. 

"No thanks me and Kat will walk. Ya know Jack, if you let us walk ya to school you could meet two members of the gang right now," Paige said talking to dad at first then turning to Jackson. 

"Dad I'm walking to school," Jack said excitedly. 

"Oh okay," dad said in a pretend sad voice. 

"Dad, this only means you can get to work earlier so that you don't have to rush after dropping us off," I said looking all serious like. 

"You have a point there Kitty Kat. Have a nice day at school Imma run off to work," he said smiling. 

We all started walking to Amanda's to get the girls. 

"Help us get her up!" Frankie yelled as we walked in. 

"Aye Jack, pretend your gonna kiss Amanda, I guarantee she'll get up," I whispered to Jack elbowing him. 

"What no wh-" I cut him off. 

"If you do it and she wakes up you will get to meet Ponyboy and Johnny Cade faster."

"Deal," he quickly agreed. "Well since Amanda won't get up I'm just going to kiss her." 

She rose up when he said that. "You wouldn't dare," she said glaring at him. 

"Try me," he said making kissy faces at her. 

"I'M UP!" She yelled jumping up and running to get ready. 

I just laughed as we waited for her to come back down. 

~~~~~5 minutes later~~~~~ 

She finally came back and we headed to the Curtis'. 

When we got there Ponyboy and Johnny were outside smoking. 

"What took you girls so long?" Johnny asked when he saw us. 

"We had to wake Amanda up and if Kat and Paige here hadn't brought Jack then we would've never got her up," Jewel said playfully glaring at Amanda. 

"Who's Jack?" Pony said putting his cancer stick out. 

"Our brother," Paige said. 

"Oh." 

"So are y'all ready?" I asked. 

"Oh, yeah, right," Ponyboy said walking over to us. 

We took Jack to his elementary school and went to our school. 

The day was going by so slow, I wanted to get to English already. Amanda could see the impatientness in my face. I thought I was going to die. 

~~~~~Time Elapse~~~~~