Chapter8 Mason

{Kathy}

He was chasing me when I made the horrible mistake to run into a dark alley in this ghost town.

He laughed at my mistake. "Oh silly silly girl, it's the dumbest thing in the world to run into an alley in a ghost town to hide from someone like me, but since we're here I guess I could go ahead and kill you. Oh and don't bother trying to scream, there's no one around to save you, so there's no use," he laughed maniacally as he came closer to me. I backed up and hit a wall when I felt a sharp pain in my right thigh. I screamed in pain as he just laughed.

I woke up screaming. I ended up waking everyone in the house up.

"Hey, what's with the screamin'" Asked a sleepy Two-Bit.

"S-sorry just had a bad dream is all," I replied just staring at the floor.

"Well since we're all awake why don't you tell us what it was about," Sodapop said raising up.

"Uhh. Well. Uhm." I was studdering, I didn't feel cmfortable talking about Mason.

"Kat, was it abou-" I cut my sister off.

"Y-yes, i-it was."

"Paige, what do you know that we don't?" Steve asked.

"Are you okay with telling them, or do you want one of us to tell them?" Frankie asked.

"I-I think I might be able to tell them," I replied looking up. "Uhm so last year this guy named Mason, he uh, he stalked me for a bit and uhm, then one day he tried to kill me, he chased me into a vacant town an into a dark alley. And he laughed and told me what a huge mistake I had made which I already knew that. He said that he might as well go ahead and kill me right then and there. He started walking to me so I began walking backwards. I walked into a wall right when he stabbed me in the leg on my upper thigh and took the knife down to my knee." I couldn't finish, I had a break down and began crying.

"We were looking for her because mom went to check on her and she was gone, we got to the ghost town they were in and we heard her screaming so we followed the screams and saw her laying on the ground with blood pouring from her leg and she had a broken nose and he was about to stab her again when dad yelled at him. He turned around and dad tackled him to the ground, Paige called 911 and told them where we were, they said that they had been looking for Mason for years. He was a serial killer. And that's the other reason we moved to Tulsa. We think he is trying to escape. He was on the news, it was said that he was beating the guards and other prisoners and almost climbed out the gate and escaped. But a guard pulled him away and locked him back in his cell." Jackson finished while I just sobbed an sobbed. Everyone except Dallas came over to hug me.

"Don't worry, he's never gonna get you, we'll make sure of that," Steve said reassuringly.

Ponyboy looked ready to kill someone, though he isn't the type of guy you see fighting unless it's in a rumble. I wonder why he looked that way. Maybe it's just the thing a boy does when his closest female friend that is like a sister to him say something like this.

"Trust me, we won't let anything happen to you while your here," Darry said ruffling my hair.