Chapter15 TWO MORE HOURS!

{Kathy}

So the rumble was in a couple hours and everyone knew I wasn't going. We were sitting at the Curtis' house waiting for it to be ten o'clock.

"Please Kit Kat," Paige begged me.

"I already told you no, I have enough on my mind at the moment," I said annoyed that she keeps begging me to fight tonight.

"Oh I see, you just don't like fights, you don't like to get hit, and your Karate is useless," she said which enraged me.

She looked over at the girls and winked and the smiled and walked over to me.

"Chicken!" They yelled in unison making chicken noises.

"I AM NOT A FUCKING CHICKEN! AND IF YOU WANT PROOF THEN I'LL FIGHT IN THE STUPID RUMBLE," I yelled at them.

"That's all we wanted," Paige said as she walked off smirking.

It was almost time for the rumble and I was still furious that I was called a chicken so now I am stuck going to the rumble which makes me even madder.

Ponyboy came out of the bathroom asking people why they like fights.

"They help me calm down when someone pisses me off, Paige said and Jewel agreed.

"Monica? Amanda?"

"I don't know, I just fight for fun because back in Kentucky a lot of girls picked on me so now when I fight I picture my enemy as one of those girls," Monica shrugged.

"Because the people I fight deserve what they get," Amanda said angrily.

"I like fights just for the hell of it," Frankie said.

"Kathy?" He asked as all eyes turned to me.

"Uhm, I don't know, I just fight to fight," I said not really knowing what to say.

"No no no, you like to show off your Karate skills and be a Karate Kid," Paige said.

"I do not!" Yelled back at her.

"Yes you do!" She yelled to me.

"Nu-uh!"

"Uh-huh!"

"No!"

"Yes!"

"No!"

"ENOUGH!" Darry yelled annoyed at our childishness.

"Yes," Paige said lowly.

"Whatever," I rolled my eyes.

"RUMBLE TIME!" Two-Bit yelled running out the door.

Soon enough we all followed him and everyone had gone crazier than they usually are.

"Pony, Soda, if the police show you beat it outta there, goes for you girls too," Darry said strictly.

"AIN'T NO ONE GONNA CALL THE FUZZ IN THIS NEIGHBORHOOD!" Steve yelled as Amanda laughed her very unique laugh at him. Me and the girls couldn't help but laugh at her, she sounded like a mixture of Mickey Mouse and a witch.

Soon enough everyone was dying of laughter as we tried to ask Amanda what is with her laugh.

We finally calmed down as we neared the lot.

We shook hands with Shepard's gang and then everyone went here and there to socialize. i leaned against a tree and waited for our opponents.

The Brumly Boys made their way to where we were and we all lined up in front of them. It looked like we had the same amount.

"We fight fair, no weapons just skin."

"Good deal," Darry replied.

All of a sudden it was like world war three. I didn't even see who threw the first punch. I looked around and saw Ponyboy on the ground getting the tar beat out of him. I started running to go help him but was soon tackled to the ground. The guy kept trying to punch my face but I moved my head from every blow. I got aggravated so I pushed him off and punched him square in the jaw. He rubbed then looked at me enraged. I hadn't even noticed it was raining. I quickly punched him again then kicked him in the gibblets. He fell down to the ground so I took this time to help Ponyboy. I pulled one guy to the ground and punched him on the face and kicked him in the ribs repeatedly. I pinched another guy and helped Pony to his feet.

"Are you okay?" I asked seeing hi face was a littler jacked.

"Yeah but I think you should help your brother!" He replied. Did I mention we kinda had to scream so we could hear each other.

I looked around and saw Paige trying to help Jack but people kept jumping on her trying to fight her. "Damnit." I mumbled as I sprinted off to them. LEAVE OUR BROTHER ALONE YOU BASTARDS!" I screamed tackling one guy down. Soon enough Frankie and Amanda were helping us. Dallas was helping Johnny, Two-Bit and Monica were ganging up on someone, Darry was beating more than one at a time, Steve and Soda were helping each other.

The Brumly Boys fled the lot. We won! Everyone was cheering. Ponyboy came over me and hugged me and swung me around in a circle. I was so happy in that moment. Finally everyone calmed down and we went our separate ways and went home washed up. When we got home dad almost flipped.

"WHAT HAPPENED TO YOU THREE?!" He yelled when he spotted us.

"Dad calm down we just got back from a rumble, we're okay," Paige said hoping he'd calm down.

"WHAT THE FUCK IS A RUMBLE?!"

"It's a fight that sets things straight with other gangs and Socs." I replied in a soft voice.

"Gangs? Socs?"

"Greaser gangs, they're the poor kids on the east side of town and Soc is short for Socials and they are the snotty rich kids on the west side of town, there's all kinds of different Greasers like our gang with the unnamed leader, Tim Shepard's gang, Tim I of course the leader of it, then there's the Brumly Boys and I can't remember who the leader is of their gang. Bob Sheldon is the leader of the Socs." Jack said annoyed.

"As long as you three are alright I'm happy that you stuck up for yourselves and your fri- gang," dad smiled.

"Oh dad, one more thing, uhm, Mason broke out and is coming to Tulsa, he found out from mom, he'll be here anytime." I said looking down.

"He's not coming anywhere near you, even if I have to kill him." He said angrily. I smiled and went to take a shower and went to bed.