Chapter 22: Why are you here?

Start from the beginning

"If you were my age, I would punch you right now."

"I am your age."

"No you're not."

"How old do you think I am?"

"Around six or seven?"

"I'm fourteen."

"No one will believe that."

"I'll prove it to you."

"And how are you going to do that." I pull out my phone from my pocket and google search 'daughters of one direction.' I find a news article from when the press first found out about us and click on it.

"See," I say, "We're all here. There's Erica, Jocelyn, Holly, Brianna, Caitlyn, and me. And by me, it says, 'upon sight, most people mistake Avery to be a young child. It is often surprising when they hear that she is in fact, the same age as all the other girls. There may be some reason that she appears to be so young, although the One Direction have yet to reveal that information.'"

"So you are my age?"

"I guess so."

"That's weird."

"I'm weird. Get over it."

"What time is it?"

"Noonish. You were probably supposed to leave this room a while ago."

"Nah. I never leave. You, on the other hand, don't seem like the type to ditch."

"Well I don't actually consider it ditching if I don't really need to be here in the first place."

"For a six year old, you seem way too smart."

"For a human being, you seem way too annoying."

"You're a weird little kid aren't you?"

"I'm only a kid if you can be considered one as well, seeing as we're the same age."

"And yet I'm more than twice your height."

"Precisely."

"Strange child."

"Why are you here, Gage?"

"What do you mean?"

"Why are you really here? Your teacher wouldn't sent you here just because you got angry. You'd get a punishment, but it wouldn't be this."

"You see, I much preferred the conversation about your height."

"Well that's unfortunate seeing as that conversation it over. Now tell me."

"I already did."

"You clearly didn't because I still feel the need top ask."

"I'm gonna go brush my teeth." He starts walking into the bathroom and when he looks up into the mirror, he literally screams at the sight of his face. He walks out of the bathroom and randomly throws punches.

"Well would you look at that?" I say. "My height is actually working to my advantage now. Isn't that cool?" He picks me up and puts me on the counter.

"Did you do this?"

"You could say that. Or you could also say that you did it to yourself by not waking up." He looks confused for a moment, before shaking his head and looking at the ceiling.

"You're impossible."

"Oh, don't worry," I say sarcastically. "Your nails match." Gage picks up his hands and looks at his nails.