61- "Oh so he's your acquaintance?"

"Just wait down here, okay? I need to talk to Hudson real quick." I tell Ash.
"Okay, but Ava, is this your abusive ex?" He asks in a hushed tone.
"I only have one ex." I respond.
"Why don't I come with you, just to be sure."
"I'm sure. I'm okay."
I kiss his cheek then look over to the doorman who's ringing me up. I step into the elevator and instantly become anxious. With every ding of the floors I feel more and more like I'm going to throw up. The final ding comes and I step out side the elevator. I stand right outside of it so long I only start moving after the doors have closed. As I approach 9C I have a feeling as though I'm falling through rain clouds. I raise my hand and knock on the door. Within thirty seconds the door swings wide open and Hudson's arms are immediately wrapped around my waist lifting me in the air and spinning me around. All those terrible feelings vanish and I'm faced with joy. I let out a small giggle and immediately regret it as I feel Hudson smile against my collarbone.
"Hudson, put me down." I stifle a laugh.
"Ava, you've no idea how much I've missed you." He smiles holding my shoulders after he's set me on the ground. "Where's your friend?"
"Yeah, about that..."
"What?" He asks suddenly completely nervous.
"Um, his name is Ashton."
"His?"
"And he's not my friend."
"Oh so he's your acquaintance?"
"Hudson-"
"Boyfriend. He's your boyfriend."
I look down at my feet as I feel Hudson's excitement vanish.
"Well where is he?" He asks.
"In the lobby waiting. Mind helping with the luggage?"
"I'll help with yours but not with his." He leads the way to the elevator.
"Trust me he won't want you to."

When we get out of the elevator Ashton's muscles tighten, his jaw clenched and biceps are suddenly bigger. I notice Ashton look at my face and arms carefully, I know what he's doing so I give him a glare then he turns his attention to Hudson.
"Ashton." Ash says sticking out his hand.
"Hudson." Hudson says completely disregarding Ashton's hand then grabs my bags and pulls them into the elevator.
The elevator ride couldn't have been more awkward. They both just stared at each other like a Lion to its pray before it pounces and attacks like I think they both might do any second.
The doors open and I'm so relieved they didn't kill each other I almost smile at my own thoughts.
Hudson left the door open so I just walk right in. Hudson goes upstairs to, what I assume he is doing, put my bags in my room.
"I hate him." Ashton says from behind me.
I spin around, "you hardly know him."
"Doesn't mean I don't hate him."
"Well if it's any constellation I'm sure he hates you too."
He smirks, "where do I put these? Am I banished to the couch?"
"No, follow me." I reply heading upstairs to Ashton's temporary room. Hudson steps out of mine as we walk by and I give him a quick thanks before going into Ashton's room and shutting the door after we're both in the room.