21- "I'm sorry."

Did you like my cliffhanger? Ps. The picture is what I imagine Hudson to look like. Doesn't the name fit the guy PERFECTLY?!

Evangeline's POV

He leaned in and whispered in my ear
"I'm sorry."
"What?!" I asked.

Then he tripped me and kicked me and went inside.

I layed for a few seconds just crying and confused. Why would he do that?

I ran to the car and put the key in the engine. I drove away so quickly you could've seen fire marks like Back To The Future.

"Oh my gosh, E what's wrong?" Sophia asked when I went inside.

"Nothing, I'm fine." I got out.

"No your not, come here."

I went and sat next to her and she just hugged me and we didn't say a word.

I knew Liam would ask about it and if I told him... Let's just say things would go wrong. I cried harder at the thought.

I heard Liam's voice in the house and I ran as quickly as possible to my room to try to avoid him.

Liam's POV

"Sophia, what's wrong with Ava?" I asked.
"I don't know, she walked in and was crying." Sophia told me.

I was worried... What if he hurt her?
I ran to her room.
*knock knock*

"Who is it?" Ava sniffled.
"Liam, Can I come in?"

She sighed and opened the door. She had makeup running down her face.
"Ava, What is wrong?" Liam asked.
"Nothing I-" she started.
"Obviously something is wrong!" I cut her off.
She started crying harder and went to lay on her bed. I went and sat next to her.
"Will you please talk to me?" I asked.
She sat up and layed her head on my chest. I love her and hate to see her like this.
"Please tell me what's wrong." I said to her with a calm and gentle voice.
"If I tell you... You can not freak out. You just have to except it, ok?"
"Alright." I said very concerned. What if she tells me she's dying?! Or worse! Pregnant!
"Hudson, he... He tricked me, I guess." She said not knowing how to word it.
"What do you mean?" I asked confused.
"Well, when I was dropping him off." She started "He leaned in, I thought he was going to kiss me but I wasn't sure so I just stood there. He whispered 'I'm sorry' in my ear and then..." She paused for a moment and then continued "He tripped me to the ground and... Kicked me."
I tightened my fist and clenched my teeth, he did what?! "Ok." I said trying to keep my cool.
"Dad, please." She said practically begging.
"Ok." I said standing up.
"Dad... Where are you going?"
"Um..." I started trying to come up with a lie. "To talk to Sophia... About the wedding."
She sighed and plopped down on her bed.
I ran down stairs to Sophia "Sophia I'm going to Hudson's, cover for me."
"What do you mean?"
"If E asks tell her I went to the store or something."

Then I walked out the door and got to my black mustang in the garage.
So many things were going through my mind at the moment, I almost passed his house.

I pulled in front of his house and got out of the car. I had to think through what I was going to say. Then I walked up to the door and knocked super hard, unintentionally.

"Hello." Greeted a young woman who I assume was the maid.
"Hi, is Hudson home?" I asked.
"Hudson!" She yelled through the house. "Come in." She told me.
"Thank you."
"You can wait here until he comes." She said pointing to a chair.

I sat there frustered and he walked in. As soon as he saw me he turned around and tried to leave before I saw him.

"Hey!" I yelled at him. He stopped in his tracks and turned around.
"Listen, I'm-"
"No! You hurt her and you promised to me you wouldn't."
Just then a man walked in and had a huge grin on his face. "So this is Liam."
I looked so confused, I could tell.
Hudson put his head down in shame.
"Did you do what I told you to, to Evangeline?" The man asked Hudson.
Hudson shook his head lightly.
"You are making him do this to my daughter?" I asked?
The man laughed and stuck out his hand. "My name is John Marcus."

Oh My God! John Marcus, Coles father, is known for child and woman abuse. But no one ever arrests him or calls the police because they are always so scared of him and he always get out of trouble somehow.

"You better leave Hudson alone... Trust me, my lawyers will crush you." I spit in his face.
"I doubt it!" He laughed. His grip tightened on Hudson.
I knew exactly what I had to do, so I walked out.

Evangelineजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें