57- She's caught on pretty quickly

*Its so short! I'm so sorry but this is really just a filler chapter. The good stuff is on its way! Should I do another time jump? I feel like I've been doing a lot of those lately. Oops.*

"Ava?" Hudson asks into the phone. He's calmed down but I can tell he is still crying a bit.
"Yeah, Hudson, it's Ava." I say. I grab my pillow from my bed and hold onto it tightly. Lizzie and Liam are both sitting next to me.
"What do I do? He's gone." Hudson says softly.
"Well, tell me about him. We never really talked about him much."
"He got mad at me when I moved out. He didn't want me to leave him there. But when you broke up with me I told him he could move in. He was bringing over his last boxes when-"
"Hudson, it's okay. You don't have to."

*The next morning*

"Dad, can you pass the sugar?" I ask him from across the table.
Liam gives me the sugar from across the table and I pour some onto my waffles. Then I grab the bowl of strawberries and put some on top.
"Evangeline, darling, would you like to come shopping with Nicola, Ruth and I today?" Karen asks me.
"That sounds lovely." I respond.
"Oh good, we're going to leave after breakfast." She smiles and puts some of her food in her mouth.

As we all finish up our meals Ruth and Nichola go to grab their bags and I do the same walking to my room and grabbing my wallet and phone to stuff in my bag. Good thing I got ready before breakfast.
"Ava?" Liam calls out from behind my door.
"Come in." I respond. The door open to reveal Liam and Lizzie standing behind it.
"You don't have to go if you don't want to or if it's uncomfortable." Lizzie assures me. She's caught on pretty quickly that I have some quirks and that I'm not quote on quote "normal", but she doesn't ask about it. That's why I love her so much, I think. She keeps to herself and understands that when I'm ready I'll spill.
"I want to go." I assure.
They both smile at me and Lizzie walks in to stand next to me as she grabs my brush and pulls it through my hair leaving Liam in the door frame.
"Okay, they're waiting in the living room for you." Liam tells me. I nod and adjust my bag on my shoulder then I walk out the door and down the hall. It's going to be just fine, Ava. Just fine.