Chapter 19 - An icy experience

Eden laid on her side crunched up with her head and knees tucked up into her chest, fields of snow gleaming from the final rays of sunlight surrounded her freezing body. She released small whimpers and tears froze against her cheeks, her breathes began to shorten in supply and she felt hyperthermia being to set in at her fingertips. The echoes of crunching snow filled the frozen clearing and made Eden suddenly determined not to be seen as weak; she was ready to die alone, but not while someone watched her take her final breath. Eden slowly lifted up her head, but her body heat had melted away at the ice and snow, making her face and hair slightly frozen onto the ground. The footsteps continued to approach, so she sucked it up and yanked her face off the frozen ground; the skin on her cheek had slightly pealed off and a clump of her hair remained frozen in the snow. She whipped her head around suddenly exposing her red raw face and bloodshot eyes, trails of tears were obvious on her cheeks and she clenched her teeth down tightly to prevent them from uncontrollably jittering.

Eden: slowly standing up and acting protective over her space
Why are you here!?! Your going to freeze! Stupid ankle bitter!

Fenrir stood there tilting his head confused as to why she was being so hostile towards him while she was clearly in pain and freezing. He took a step closer towards her, but she frowned at him and took a step back; Eden proudly smirked at him and lifted her head up into the air making herself feel mighty. Fenrir attempted to gesture to her to walk over towards him, but she took no notice of his struggles with the vocal barrier and did the opposite, talking small steps backwards. She was amused at the facial expressions that Fenrir was doing and was fully aware of the fact that he wanted her to come closer to him.

Eden: teasing Fenrir
What's that mate? You want me to take another step backwards? I'll do ya one better, imma jump!

Eden looked over her shoulder with a devilish grin and then back over at Fenrir who had a mortified expression drawn over his face; he quickly looked around and cautiously made his way over towards Eden. Eden put her hand up into the air and bowed, sending off an almost psychotic vibe; she faced her back to towards Fenrir and began to swing her arms back and forth while slightly crouching her knees preparing to jump.

Eden: psychotically laughing
If I'm scaring you, just tell me! ..... My bad! You can't!

Eden sprung off her feet, time slowed down for both of them, but it suddenly sped up before Fenrir had the chance to think and Eden was completely submerged under the icy lake. Ice shards and water splashes flew every over the melting frozen lake. Fenrir ran over to were she had fallen through and dunked his arm into it, thrashing his arm around hoping to grip onto something attached to her. He yanked his arm out and dusted away the snow on the ice, looking through the slightly foggy ice to grab a small glance of were she was. A blurry blondish bop began to sink, motionless with air bubbles steaming up from it as it sunk into the depth of the frozen lack. Fenrir didn't hesitate, he transformed into his 'second form' and dived into the mysterious depths.

...

Eden: walking up in sudden pain
Gahhh!

She sat up in a bed and pulled the covers off her body, her eyes widened as she looked down at her right leg which was heavily bandaged up and appeared to be in a make shift splint.

Eden: pouting and being sarcastic
Fantastic! I'm a peg leg!

There was a knock at the door of the room she was in, before she managed to answer the door swung open and in emerged a creature with two heads.

Eden: trying to protect herself
OH MY GOD! What are you!?!

Both the heads looked at each other, the only difference between the two heads was that one had amber eyes and the other had pure black eyes.

The head with black eyes: calmly talking
Um, well I'm a dragon... And you know me... Hey... E-den...

Eden sat their completely dumbfounded, but thankfully the confusion numbed the horrid pain she was experiencing in her leg.

The head with black eyes: sighing
It's me! The Icelandic dragon, the mute.......... Fenrir?

Eden: stumbling over her words
B-But your a... You, you can't a... You only have one head and now.... Errrrrr!

The head with black eyes: sitting on the end of Eden's bed
My human form can't speak, but in my 'second form' or dragon form, I was blessed with two heads and luckily on of them has vocal chords.

Eden: taking it all in
... Oh...

The head with black eyes: looking down at her leg
You broke leg when you broke threw the frozen lake, but it should be healed in a few months. (Looking at her face) Now if you pardon me, I'm going to transform back into my human body, I favour that form much more. Oh yeah, everyone is in the living room freaking out over you... I will let them in here in a few minutes, so brace your self for bring smothered to death, other than dying from hyperthermia.

==================================================================================

Fenrir's dragon form is meant to be similar to the two headed dragon from 'How to train your dragon' which I believe is called a Zippleback in the film.

Thank you for reading!

~BlueTimeFly