Chapter 3 - A motherly instinct

*knock knock*

Jake leaves the end room of the shop where his grandfather and Fu Dog prepare to collect Susan's blood to save the girl they found earlier that night. He opens up the door to find his mother worried, but preparing herself for giving blood to a girl no one knows. Jake greets his mother and allows her to enter before he closes the door. They both make their way past the televisions and other electronics to enter a room that is greatly devoted to magical items and knowledge. As Susan enters the room, she lies her eyes on the unconscious child and wells up with tears as if her inner nurturing side was reacting the same way if her own children were in this situation. She stands by the side of the child, and plants a gentle kiss upon this mysterious girl's forehead.

Susan: emotional
I see no one bothered to clean this child; other than her visible wounds.

Lao Shi:
We were not concerned about her physical appearance right now.

Susan:
I will clean, cloth and take her in after she is well, dad.

Lao Shi:
As pure of a heart as always I see. We need to locate her family too remember dear.

Jake: sighing
Oh man! I really don't want another sister in the house.

Susan:
Jake, once she is healthy, she will be our responsibility, she seems around your age. She will join your school until we find where she belongs. Ok, Fu I'm ready.

Fu Dog: gesturing to a seat
Come over here, it will be done in a sec.

Susan:
So she hasn't awoken yet? Any sign about who she is?

Fu Dog:
She hasn't awoken at all, we have no idea how long she has been out. Which makes it good right now cause I'm done with taking your blood. I will now go work on the girl.

Susan, Jake and Lao Shi exit the end room and forward into the main part of the building.

Lao Shi: looking at clock
I YAHHH! It 1:47 am, I think it's best you both go home and get some sleep, I will call if anything happens. Thank you Susan for help out.

Susan nods her head and reaches for the shop door's handle, in unison both Jake and Susan say goodbye and exit the door heading towards the car which was clearly seen parked under a streetlight illuminating up the night sky.