Chapter 1 - Training or saving?

A restless rustling of a nearby bush by a park bench was suddenly brought to silence once it's contents hurdled out of it taking to the sky. Whoosh! Another took to the peaceful night sky; the silhouette of the two long winged creatures against the full moon occupied Manhattan Park. The usage of their tails battling each other can be described as a form of hand to hand combat, this was then followed by the use of fire exiting from their mouth onto their component's weakly guarded under stomach scales. The fight began to wean once a figure fled the fight to seek refuge among the trees, however the weakling was snatched form refuge by the other figures tail. They then landed gracefully back to the park's lush grass.

Lao Shi: taking human form, speaking in cliché Chinese accent
What is with this new laziness young one? There is no rush, it's Friday night and Jonathan knows about this now.

Jake: Sighing
That's it... Gramps it's Friday night and I'm just a kid. Can't I just... Go... Hang out... A little?

Lao Shi: Frustrated
I YAHHH!!! JAKE YOUR A DRAGON! YOU MUST TRAIN! OTHER MAGICAL BEINGS LOOK UP TO DRAGONS FOR GUIDANCE!

Jake:
But don't you think they want a well trained and a mentally hap-

Lao Shi: chiming in
Yes, they want a well trained dragon for guidance. NOW TWENTY LAPS AROUND THE PARK! NOW! NOW!

Jake swiftly took flight to the lonely night sky; he was frustrated with his grandfather and felt as if his youth was being robbed from right under his nose, however he was training for a future that no one in his school will ever encounter. As he flew over a riverbank something caught his eye, so he made a quick turn and landed in some nearby bushes, out of sight. He transformed back into human form, but summoned his eye of the dragon.

Jake: mumbling under his breath in shock
A... Human?

He ran strait to the body on the riverbank and checked for vital signs of life, he reached for the body's closest wrist to him, a steady plus comforted him. Jake transformed back into a dragon form and flew to inform his grandfather of this shocking discovery. Jake arrived to the park bench where his grandfather was in a deep meditation state.

Jake: concerned tone
GRAMPS COME NOW!

Lao Shi transformed into his dragon form while still in his meditation, but abandoned the position in order to access his flight ability. They flew to the opposite side of the park where they both saw the body on the riverbank. In order to not startle the human if they were to awake, they returned back to being human. Lao Shi approached the sleeping human calmly, while Jake was freaking out behind him. Jake tried to stay quite and still, but he was wiggling uncontrollably and blurted out, "DO YOU THINK SHE WAS DUMPED HERE BY A MURDER! LOOK AT ALL THE WOUNDS OVER HER BODY!" The young girl was covered in dirt and blood, her hair was at shoulder's length, but completely matted from mud. Her clothes were torn and stained from a horrid mixture of mud and blood. Lao Shi examined the deep wound on her left thigh, then he pulled away with a concerned look on his face. Jake only grew more tense from his reaction.

Jake: freaking out
WHAT DO WE DO?! DO WE LEAVE THE SIGHT OF THE CRIME SCENE?! I'M GONNA CALL THE POLICE!

Lao Shi: explaining calmly
We will take her home and heal her injury. Also we will ask her what happened.

Jake:
THAT'S KIDNAPPING!

Lao Shi:
Relax young one, we are going to help her. See the odd way the wound on her thigh is formed, she has been to the magical world. This is the aftermath of having a burning acid poured on human skin and thin material. Fu knows more about it than I.

Jake carried the unconscious girl on his back, flying through the night back to his grandfather's shop.