Chapter 22 - Stranger

Magsimula sa umpisa

Happy time, right?

"Mmmmm, please don't make me go," I try to plead with my mum, my lips tilting into a pout. She just laughs and tells me to get out of the car. I mutter a few words like 'F this' 'mum I hate you' and 'why god why?' as I trip getting out of the car. 

Really? Best way to start a day. Getting up, I brush all remnants of my failure off of my skirt, as I start walking through the hallways, I notice no one is laughing or pointing, almost like what happened at least a week ago didn't happen at all...

Strange.

I guess people just want to get on with their own lives and don't actually care about mine, hmm I always noticed the people giving me a hard time about that stuff and not the people that actually don't care at all. 

My feet lightly tread along the tiled hallway floors, my hair flying around as a cool breeze flushes my face. I slowly stalk my way towards my locker, this morning we have Assembly and I know this because Mariah's been giving me all my homework and notices. 

When I'm face to face with my locker I notice some things slightly off. Maybe it's the fact that your lockers got the letter 'S L U T' written along with it? Or maybe it's the fact that when you open it piles upon stacks of letters and notes are flooding my locker. Sighing, I reach for one of the notes, a yellow one to be exact, and read it.

Lively, Lively, what a slut, she went and fucked up.

Original I must say, but hurtful not really. I've seen worse, a lot worse. Abruptly, the bell rings and hordes of students scatter towards the hall for the Assembly. I join into the lines of people and start speeding along with the other teenagers and teachers. 

Finally, I reach the large room, wooden beam scattered around the room to hold up the roof, large crystal clear windows light up the room along with a few stage lights and hanging lights over our heads.

I take my seat in the fourth row around the middle, when I look around I notice a few familiar faces, Chris is sitting a row up and a couple of seats down, whilst Mariah is placed two seats to my left. "Psst can we swap spaces?" I ask the girl sitting next to Mariah, she nods and I squeeze past her and she does the same. 

When I reach the chair I see that Mariah hasn't noticed yet and she's talking to I think...Riley. "Psst, Mariah." I hiss in her small ear, she suddenly spins around with a little squeak. "What the hell, you scared the chips I had for lunch out of me!" Mariah harshly whispers back. I crack her a smile which she returns. "Hey, Ria!" My voice squeaks like a little girl as I hug her. 

"Ohmigawd, where have you been Miss. Adams?" She pesters with a motherly tone, I chuckle at her and release her from my hug, "Ah, you know here and there," I tell her vaguely. Mariah just raises her eyebrows at me and starts begging me to tell her.

Well her begging is kicking me and punching me till I give in.

"Fine! Just stop hitting me!" I yell at her while rubbing my arm, I'm sure that's going to bruise. She just smiles meekly while I glare at her. "I was, if you must know,  travelling around with my agency and manager," I roll my eyes as she whines and asks where exactly I went. 

"Hmph, I went to Paris, Bali, Canada and Brazil," I say with a bored tone, she brightens up thoughts of the amazing places I got to visit. "And why didn't I hear about this?" She raises her chin at me and shuts her eyes in a 'bitch please' type of look. "Because I only had enough tickets to get me there and back," I chuckle at her and she grunts with an unpleasant demeanour.

"If everyone is finished chatting may I have your attention?" I hear my principal ask rhetorically. Once everyone is quiet and facing Mr Francisco he begins talking, "Good morning children, so today I have a few announcements...Firstly I'd like to welcome our newest teacher Mrs Ginny," Hoots echo around the large hall as he introduces our new teacher.

"Okay, settle down. Now, I've been noticing the recent commotion lately and I'd like to say you'd all make a really lovely teen fiction book, but this is the real world and it's time for all these little cliques to end. So as some of you might realise it's getting closer and closer to the end of the year and for the seniors it's that time to get into the real world, meaning it's time to make some life-changing choices, also known as what University you'll be attending if you wish to do so

We offer you a wide selection of Universities, all you need to do is choose, you have until graduation to enrol in a University, I wish you all the best of luck for your oncoming future." He ends his little speech and motions towards the tables filled with scouts. Line by line we all get up and brows over the different selections we can choose.

Sophie and I have always wanted to attend Victoria's Performing and Visual Arts University for the Talented, majoring in modelling of course, but now that I think of it do I really enjoy modelling? Sure it pays well and you get to travel, but do I really want the whole world to know what my body looks like? 

No, I promised Sophie that we'd stick together in this, even if it means doing something I don't necessarily like. My eyes skim over the tables and then I notice that one table, in particular, is covered in people. I slip over to the table just to take a peek, squeezing through the clusters of people I finally reach the front.

My eyes skim over the school's name 'Victoria's Performing and Visual Arts University for the Talented' and the slogan 'Strive to shine not to shimmer' I lay my eyes upon a few brochures and things before meeting the eyes of the campaign girls and guys.

"Hello, Lively! I there anything you need?" I groan over the chirpy voice of Quinn. Quinn is another one of Laurie's agents and to say she's a bitch is an understatement. "Yeah, I was wondering about the scholarships," I tell her, she just rolls her eyes and tells me "Honey, Laurie's already enrolled you and Sophie, even if you wanted a scholarship you would have already been scouted." Right, because when I said I was doing this for Sophie I meant I have no choice and thinking of this as a thing for Sophie makes it seem better than doing it because Laurie doesn't pick losers.

Nodding I walk away from her and everyone else, leaving the hall was difficult but I got out of there soon enough. I think I need some fresh air, with that thought I make my way towards the school's rugby and soccer fields. 

As soon as I'm in the centre of the field I fall onto my butt. Sighing, I just let my thoughts run wild, it's difficult holding them back but it hurts letting them run free. "So, what did I tell you about Reece?"

Suddenly a manly voice echo's through the bitter air and I'm being pinned down by a very heavy body. Maybe if I call fire he'd get off?

"GET YOUR FAT-ASS OFF OF ME! OR I'LL CALL FOR HELP-" Swiftly the words I was about to yell are cut off by the man's plump lips. Sparks rip at everything in my body, consuming me whole. But the last thing I thought of before losing myself in this stranger's kiss was, this stranger doesn't seem so strange anymore...

________________________________________________________________________

Lively's room at the top! 

Song: Tag You're It/ Milk and Cookies

Artist: Melanie Martinez

First of all, thank you for 1k! It means so much to me, and I love all my little readers, no words can describe how much I thank you all for sticking with me over this weird journey to finishing this confusing book. In reality I don't even know what's happening so don't ask me if you're confused xD

Okay now in all seriousness, I would like to say I know nothing about modelling or Australia, which sounds horrible but ask any Australian to name three facts about New Zealand/ers and they won't be able to! Well the majority. 

Anyway, on Friday the 19th I turned 13!!! Woop woop, cringe cringe. Yay xD

VOTE.COMMENT.SHARE.LOVE.ENJOY

-L.R