“Take that you obnoxious, pompous, selfish, egotistical, stupid jerk!” She shouts. I lose my grip on the steering wheel trying to fend her off and almost hit a parked car. She stops for a couple of seconds so that she can laugh at me.

“You almost hit a parked car!” She wheezes out in between fits of laughter. As sexy as she is in her tight dress and gorgeous heels, I’m not happy with her right now.

“Yeah, well you were punching the living shit out of me!” I retort, getting angrier by the second. I want to give her a taste of her own medicine. She wants to be mean to me? Well I can do it too.

 I’m just going to be sneakier about it. I have big plans for tonight, and she’s sure as hell going to like them.

We walk into the restaurant and I try to hold her hand. Of course, she shakes me off. But I’m nothing if not persistent, so naturally I try again. This time she lets me as I hold the door open for her. The host leads us to the table I reserved in the back and I hold her chair out for her as she sits down.

“I’m still pissed at you,” she states, picking up her menu and pursing her lips. God she looks so sexy.

I don’t say anything because I’m thinking about how to bring up that little snot rocket and tell her that I know where she was last night. I also don’t know how to threaten her about cheating on me without sounding like a jack ass. I’m trying to have a nice night with her.

“Will you get over it if I order you your favorite drink?” I ask, hoping to pacify her. She smiles and nods eagerly like a little kid, and I can’t help but laugh because she’s so cute. I flag the waiter and ask for him to bring her an Orange Dream.

A few minutes more of silence and he’s back with her drink. Brynn yanks the drink from his hand and takes a long drag from the straw. Tonight is going to be so easy if she keeps this up.

“Ready to order, sweetheart?” I ask her, turning towards the waiter. I order what I want and wait for her to do the same. We hand our menus back to the waiter and I decide to see just how much I can make Brynn laugh.

I start cracking jokes, and at first they’re really corny and stupid, and she complains about how dumb I am, but after three or four she cracks a smile.

“Knock, knock,” I say.

“Who’s there?” She asks.

“Leena.” I smirk.

“Leena who?” She asks again, leaning towards me as she sips her drink. Ah, this is perfect.

“Lean a little closer and I’ll tell you who,” I say, winking for full effect. She giggles as she downs the rest of her drink and slaps my arm.