Chapter 13

Brynn’s POV:

I woke to the sounds of shouting in the kitchen and my head was spinning. I’m never drinking again. I groaned and rolled over, only to shriek and fall of the bed at the sight of Payton’s face beside me. Well, it was beside me anyway.  Payton’s head popped over the side of the bed, his messy hair falling into his eyes.

“Well damn! I didn’t know I was that ugly.” He said with a small smirk on his face.

I glared at him, “Why the hell am I in your room?! In your bed!?” I looked down and noticed that I was wearing a t-shirt and not the dress I was wearing last night. “Why the fuck am I wearing this shirt?!”

Payton looked at me and laughed, “You, princess, are hysterical in the morning! Oh man, if you can see the look on your face! Too perfect.”

What an asshole to take advantage of me! I sat up and slapped him hard across the face and stormed out of the room. The yelling I had heard earlier had only intensified.

“ROXANNE YOU WILL NOT BE HAVING A BABY IN MY HOUSE!” I heard my mother shout.

SHIT! I ran down the stairs to find my sister and mother in the mother of all screaming matches. By the time I walked in everyone but Landon and Payton were in there. I stepped in between them and glared at my mother.

“Get out of her face.” I said calmly.

“Brynn, get out of my way.”

“I’m not having an abortion. It’s too late anyway.” Roxie covered her bulging stomach and her hand stroked it in slow circles.

“Then get the hell out. I won’t have another disgrace in my family. First Brynn and now you. I want you out now.” My mother nearly snarled, “I don’t know what I did to deserve all of this.” She cried storming out of the room.

I turned to Roxie to see if she was okay and she actually had a smile on her face. 

“Glad I got that off my chest. Help me pack.” She grabbed my hand and we went upstairs leaving a roomful of stunned faces.

                                                                        *****

“So, where the hell did you get all the confidence to talk back to her?” I asked as we packed her last bag. Phil would be here soon to pick her up.

“You.” She shrugged.

“Me?” My eyebrow rose.

“You always stand up to mom! She doesn’t know how to handle you! She gets really flustered about what to do with you when you walked in here with piercings and maroon and black hair. I thought she was going to go into cardiac arrest. She can’t control you and I just wanted to see what it was like being you. Especially knowing that she wouldn’t know how to react to me talking back. The reason why I’ve been so mean to you is because I’m jealous. So fucking jealous.

“You always found the fun in everything. You never managed to let mom get you down, and we all know how much she gives you a hard time. It was so easy for you to make the coolest and best friends. And what made me most jealous is that you had Ronan.”

I glared at her. Roxie saw the expression on my face and held up her hands in surrender, “I just meant that you guys are so perfect for each other and I was jealous that you had that kind of relationship and I didn’t. But then I met Phil, and I now I know how it feels to be in love. Really in love. I want that for you. I know I’m leaving you here to fend for yourself, but then again you don’t need my help.” She said smiling.