Chapter 19

Ronan's POV:

My dad stared at me with a disapproving look on his face. 

"Ronan, you can't do this. I love Brynn like she was my own, and I know you love her but you cannot ruin this business deal for us. I won't let you. There is so much money on the line for this deal. I can’t have you throwing it away for some silly first love crap."

I glared at my father, "How would you feel if someone told you to stop loving mom?"

"Ronan, that isn't-"

"Don't fucking bull shit me. You know that if this was you and mom in the same situation you would feel the same way I do. I love Brynn. I can’t live without her, and all of you guys see that we need each other! She's the only reason I came back!" 

My dad stared at me with cold eyes, "Ronan, don't make me do something we will both regret. I'm telling you for the last time, I want you to stop seeing her."

"And I'm telling you for the last time, no." I turned away from him and headed up the stairs to find Brynn. We were finally together and nothing could tear us apart.

Brynn's POV:

Mrs. Rivers smiled at me, "Sweetie, don't look so frightened."

"Are you going to tell my parents?" I asked, suddenly feeling sick. 

"Brynn, sweetie, I know how much you love my son. I don't know any other girl who would be perfect for him. This was the first time in weeks that he has actually smiled a real smile. I want you two to be together. I really disagree with what your parents are doing to you." 

I smiled, "My parents don't understand how much I don't want to be married to Payton, he’s nice sometimes but I can’t see myself marrying him at all. I love Ronan and my parents hate that. I don’t want to be a pawn in this stupid deal.”

“I understand and I won’t let your parent’s know if you take very good care of my son, and I know you will. Go ahead, I know he’s probably biting his nails up in his room trying to figure out if I am going to tell your parents.”

I smiled and hugged her, “Thank you so much, you’ve always been a better mother than my mom.” I  confessed.

Mrs. Rivers frowned, “She wasn’t always like that. She loves all so much, she just doesn’t know how to show it anymore. You’ve all grown up so fast. Bentley is almost finished with college,  Roxie’s expecting her first child, and you’re getting married.  Your mother is just freaking out that she’s losing all of you in the same swing.”

“She wouldn’t be losing me if she decided to even get involved with my life. She’s been out of it for a while now and now she’s pawning me off on Payton. The reason why I’m getting married is because of my father. Mom wouldn’t send dad to rehab again so she makes me get married. How is that fair to anyone?” I demanded hotly.

Mrs. Rivers just stared at me and I felt guilty. I had never lost control over my emotions before in front of her. Lately, I’ve just felt like a ticking time bomb. The stress from this arranged marriage and hiding my relationship with Ronan was stressing me out.

“I’m so sor-” I started, when the door burst open.

Ronan stormed in his face flushed, his mouth drawn in a grim line and his eyes told me he was livid.  They got darker when he was angry. 

“What’s wrong?” I said getting up and touching his arm.

“We need to go.”

“Wait, what happened?”

“NOW!” Ronan said grabbing my arm, a little roughly and dragging me to the door.