At the hospital...again (30)

Recap:

I leaned up, and kissed him hard. I gripped at his shirt for dear life. I pulled away and rested my head on his chest. Adian’s mark was burning.

“I’m sorry” I cried. “No more. Please, no more”

 I looked up at his face. His eyes were blazing. His hand reached up and creased my cheek. His hand whipping a tear away.

“You still haven’t learned.” He said calmly.

I dropped my hands from his shirt and tried to back away, but his arm gripped mine painfully, making me cry out.

His fist came in contact with my stomach as the beating began again.

Chapter 30:

Don’t forget your wattpad’s new year’s revolution

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<vooooooooooooooooooooootttttttttttte! VOTE. I’m not pressuring you. Just giving a…suggestion

Invy’s pov:

It hurts. My body aches all over. I try to open my eyes, but they feel heavy as lead.

What happened?

Beep. Beep. Beep. Beep.

What is that noise?

“Invy baby” a voice calls out. “Please open your eyes.”

The persons voice sounds cracked, like they’ve been crying.  My heart aches. I want to hold them; I want to make their pain go away.

“Adian.” another voice says. “It’s only been a few hours. The doctor said she will wake up soon.”

The person stays silent.

“Come on. Let’s get something to eat.”

“No. I won’t leave her side until she’s awake.”

“Adian.” the person sigh. “You did all you could. No one knew this would happen.”

“I did!” he growled. “I felt her pain Nick! I felt it, but I couldn’t find her...... I-I couldn’t find her.”

 I felt something wet hit my face. My heart yearned to wipe the tears away, to ease away his pain.

“Stop beating yourself up.” The other growled. “David felt it too. He couldn’t find her either! None of us could.”

He stayed silent.

“Fine. Stay here. I’ll bring you some food later”

There was some shuffle of feet then a door opening and closing. It was silent again.

I felt him touch my cheek.

“Please baby. Wake up.” His voice sounded so sad, so torn.

“please.” He begged. I felt him lower his face into the nook of my neck.

Come on eyes, open. I tried so hard to open them. They wouldn’t budge.

His lips brushed against my shoulder. My mark. Adian. My eyes flew open

The light blinded me. I quickly close them. A few seconds later, I slowly re opened them. Everything was a blur.  My eyes slowly adjusted.

My eyes landed on his figure, laid across me. I picked up my hands and slowly ran my fingers through his hair.