A Night in the Dark (27)

• Dedicated to my lovely voters

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> David's Mate- Amber Green

Chapter 27:

David’s pov:

“Something’s wrong with her” I signed pacing across my room. My mate eyeing wearily.

“Honey.” Amber cooed. “Stop worrying, she’ll be alright.”

I stopped pacing to look down at my Brown haired mate. Her deep brown eyes looking adoringly back up at me.

She walked up to me, and pulled me into a hug. I breathed in her lovely sent. Pines and roses. I placed my chin on her head as she laid her head on my chest.

“If she’s having problems, you know she would have gone to nick fist if not Adian.”

I thought about it, but something was telling me something was wrong, call it brotherly instinct, but I know she not ok.

“Stop it!” she growled. I looked down at her. “You’re thinking too much into it.”

“But amber--” I started but she cut me off.

“We’ll talk to her later but for now” she pauses and started towing me to the bed. “Let’s sleep. It’s late.”

She lay down and pulled me with her. I pecked her on the lips and pulled her to me. She laid her head on my chest. I wrapped my arms around her and drifted off.

I know something wrong, but for now, I’ll have to wait.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~<3

Invy’s Pov (her pov will be in 3rd person)

She tossed and turned all night not getting any sleep. She felt as is something was watching her.

A noise in the dark made her shoot up in her bed.

She searched the dark room. A shadow by her door got her panicking. Invy slowly crawled back on her bed, hitting the back of the bed post.

Nowhere to run.

“Calm down angel, it just me.” She recognized his voice before he stepped out of the shadows.

He got closer and closer. Invy was sure was dreaming, that this was all a nightmare and she would wake up at any moment.

He sat on the bed close to her. He patted the space next to him, telling her to sit there. She didn’t move.

“Come on baby, don’t be afraid. I love you.” He reached a hand up and brushed it across her cheek.