«chapter eight: an intervention»

Comenzar desde el principio

'Damian al Ghul-Wayne-Authorized:B01
Cheshire-Authorized:B01'

  "With what? I don't need help." I say as they walk in.

  "Sure you don't," They reply together, making both of them send nasty glares at each other.

  I roll my eyes at them already not getting along before I nod to Jade, "What are you doing here, Cheshire?" I ask tiredly.

  "Imagine how surprised I was when I heard the you had a bounty over your head." She takes off her mask, a smirk in place,  "Hi, sis." She nods to Artemis.

"Jade." She says, a small smile on her face.

  "Not very surprised, I imagine," I say, answering her. "You should have known this would happen."

  "You should have known," She crosses her arms over her chest, "And as nice as I am, I am here to help you."

  I roll my eyes at her comment, "Okay, I should have, I will admit that," I say before I add, "But I don't need any help." I don't want it either.

  I am guessing Artemis put together how exactly Cheshire and I knew each other; she was on infinity island with me. We had the same enemies, which made us allies. The enemy of my enemy is my friend, kind of thing.

"Yes you do." Damian's strict voice speaks up.

  "You are like five," I point out and if Damian were a bird, he would have just puffed up at that comment. "And I will pass. Go back home."

  "Maybe we should listen to them." Nightwing cuts in.

  "Don't act like you didn't know about this, that was your designation that got them here," I give him a 'really' look before I say shake my head at them, "Look, I get it, you guys want to help, but I don't need any." Another lie that will follow me around all day.

  "Oh yeah?" Cheshire asks, giving me a bad feeling.

"Now!" Damian and her lung at me.

  My eyes widen as I flip back to avoid them, but the don't stop.

  Cheshire lands a kick on my stomach, making me grunt before I fake her out and land a kick on her.

  While I am occupied with her, Damian manages to land a punch on me.

  Without pausing, I spin and kick him, making him fall back.

  I grunt as Jade kicks me in the back, and I duck and roll to get up, only to stop as Damian point his sword to my throat and she grabs my hands and pins them behind my back.

  I shiver as the cold metal meets my skin, my eyes going to Damian's in a glare.

  "See?" Cheshire's hard voice speaks behind me, "That's how easy it would be to kill you if you are up against assassins."

  She lets me go, and I fight back my need to explain why I lost.

  Instead, I cross my arms over my chest and look at the wall.

  I could have taken them, but I don't fight like that, not anymore. And I never want to again.

  "You were holding back." Damian states suddenly.

Can he just not be a pain for a second?

"What?" I say, ready to defend myself.

  "When you left you took out half of the assassins there. Either you really are stupid and useless or you weren't trying." He crosses his arms, mirroring me.