Part 39

Blade POV

I was coming from a shower ready to face my cold bed when I saw Tessa in the bedroom.

'What are you doing here?' I asked her. She looked at me and smiled.

'I come bearing good news.' She told me

'Tell me who you are? Or should I say what you are?' she smiled.

'You seem to have worked it out Blade, you and Becca are both smart. I was happy to help you two in the cave. I created the scene and you two fulfilled it.' She admitted and I stared at her.

'You led us there? What are you?' I asked again and she looked at her watch.

'We don't have much time but you need to come with me.' She insisted and I shook my head taking a step back.

'There is no way I am going anywhere with you.' I spoke adamantly as I tried to mind link Channon but I couldn't. I tried Ralf but nothing happened. Neither my parents nor my sister could be contacted. I could not seem to get my thoughts through.

'Sorry Blade but no one can know where we are going.' Tessa spoke softly just as she sprouted wings and flew up in the air and began to circle me.

I was stuck in a tornado of wind as Tessa spun above me. I blacked out and the next thing I knew I was on the floor in a room. It looked very old. I heard a scream and stood up. It sounded like Becca's voice.

'Come it is almost time.' Tessa appeared before me and walked briskly ahead. I wanted to escape her but I heard the scream coming from the direction in which Tessa was moving. I followed her as she opened the door at the end of the corridor and entered. I hesitated but followed cautiously. I rounded the corner and saw Becca on a bed in a white gown. Her legs were open and she was sweating. Her grandparents stood at her side while a midwife stooped between her legs.

I walked into the room my mind in a daze, 'Becca?'

My mate turned to look at me and smiled. I rushed to her hoping this was not an illusion.

'Oh Blade they brought you.' Becca kissed me. 'I'm so sorry but we had to protect the baby I missed you so much.'

I did not want to let her go. I held her beautiful face in my hands and kissed her, I had been waiting for this moment for a long time, I love you Rebecca.'

She smiled and even giggled as she drunk in my love confession. 'Oh Blade you sure know how to woo a girl. I love you.' the words were barely out of her mouth when she screamed.

'Okay now Blade hold her hand and Rebecca when I say push, push hard.'

Becca nodded at the midwife and I let her grip my hand like it was a life raft. Becca pushed and screamed.

'Good now one more time. I can see the head,' Becca followed instructions her face red as she pushed strongly. I heard a swishing sound as the midwife captured my child in a white towel. I hugged Becca who looked exhausted. We watched excitedly at our baby wriggling around.

'Care to do the honours alpha?' the midwife told me. I did not know who she was but she seemed to know me.

I took the pair of scissors handed to me and cut the umbilical cord as the child began to cry. The midwife handed the child to another woman who cleaned the baby.

'You have son.' The midwife said and I kissed my beautiful mate.

'You did superbly my beautiful.' I told Becca as she lay back exhausted on the bed.